CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Melissa Whittle

Profile:
Yes, there are *** Crossfitters!

The previous thread got closed so I thought I'd do some community service and open a new one. So, LGBT people and all you awesome straight supporters out there, this is your place to say hi and meet other like-minded Crossfitters.

And please, let's watch the language this time.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Camille Lore

Profile:  
Re: Yes, there are *** Crossfitters!

I wondered why the thread got closed....

Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

*** thread = CnJ
*** Site = Early Arm bend

Must. not. make. CnJ jokes.

Melissa,

SHouldn't your quote be "Thank you mama"? Just wondering

Last edited by Jamie J. Skibicki; 12-01-2008 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Behold the power of the new avatar

Old 12-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Camille Lore

Profile:  

It kinda depends... how um.... I won't get into that...

Old 12-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
George Mounce

Profile:

The point is whether you like it or not it will get political, and it will get personal. I have a feeling this one will get closed as well. You can't put a rule on a thread and expect everyone to support you, cause well, I for one don't, and these aren't your boards. Your lifestyle choice isn't my issue, just like mine isn't yours. The smartest people in the world are what I like to term as the "quiet tolerant". I don't agree with you on your choice, but I tolerate you.

Now if you want to discuss CrossFit, nutrition, or any other topic that is CrossFit related I'm for it. Why? This is the CrossFit Community forum. Not the LGBexpialidocious forum. But as far as a "hey I CrossFit and I'm ***" thread, it doesn't have a place here. All that matters is you do CrossFit and you are getting and staying healthy. The rest of your lifestyle doesn't matter to the majority of us.

And to be clear, I am a like-minded CrossFitter. I do the Navy Seal WOD 3 times a week along with a sprint row day, and a long row day on my C2. That is how I'm a likeminded CrossFitter.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
Brett Dartt

Profile:

weak. what happened to the last one? what a bummer

Old 12-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

A counter point to Georges argument is that we talk about a lot of things that have nothing to do with CF (video games, dogs, flirting, cars) so why not this. Now I'm not a big fan of *** pride (pride should be reserved for accomplishments, not being), but I see no problem with discussing this topic, my views are well established in the closed thread.

It is not anyones site (well Greg and the moderators maybe) so people are as free to post whatever topics they wish, just as you are free to post your argument against. ANd I hope both happens. Even if it's about my awesomicity, you could discuss the different cuases of it for a fortnight and still not reach a conclusion.

Last edited by Jamie J. Skibicki; 12-01-2008 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Awesomicity: Sarcasm or Egotism, you decide

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
The point is whether you like it or not it will get political, and it will get personal. I have a feeling this one will get closed as well. You can't put a rule on a thread and expect everyone to support you, cause well, I for one don't, and these aren't your boards. Your lifestyle choice isn't my issue, just like mine isn't yours. The smartest people in the world are what I like to term as the "quiet tolerant". I don't agree with you on your choice, but I tolerate you.

Now if you want to discuss CrossFit, nutrition, or any other topic that is CrossFit related I'm for it. Why? This is the CrossFit Community forum. Not the LGBexpialidocious forum. But as far as a "hey I CrossFit and I'm ***" thread, it doesn't have a place here. All that matters is you do CrossFit and you are getting and staying healthy. The rest of your lifestyle doesn't matter to the majority of us.

And to be clear, I am a like-minded CrossFitter. I do the Navy Seal WOD 3 times a week along with a sprint row day, and a long row day on my C2. That is how I'm a likeminded CrossFitter.
Word...

Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
David Meverden

Profile:

I am with Jamie. If we can have a thread for older people, or for declaring our occupations, or announcing that your girlfriend accepted your marriage proposal, then Melissa, or Kai, or whomever, is well within their rights to make a thread about *** crossfitters. And while anyone is within their rights to not appreciate the topic I think the old advice about not saying anything if you have nothing nice to say holds true. Or better yet, just not read the thread in the first place. I know I've steered clear of threads that I knew would get me spun up.

As for you, Melissa, rock on!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #10
Leah Turner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post

ditto.

Closed Thread