CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
Preface: I did try to search for this, found Hatch Squat Program but nothing on meshing with CF. Also tried the ME Black Box route but there's like a million and one threads to scroll through....anyway

I'm starting the Hatch 12 wk Squat program...
Of course I don't want to concentrate solely on strength gains so I want to set up my routine accordingly.

Right now my plan is to go with Rut's generic ME program from Apr PM, i.e.

week:
Mon - CF
Tue - Hatch 1
Wed - CF
Thu - Rest
Fri - CF
Sat - Hatch 2
Sun - CF
Mon - Rest

The problem with that is CFSD isn't open on Sat/Sun and I can't get to CFSD on Fri. But I am Navy and can utilize the base gym to work around that issue...just won't have the same level of support as you do when the great trainers at CFSD are looking over your shoulder...anyway not a major issue but with that in mind I'm also considering:

Mon - CF
Tue - Hatch 1
Wed - CF
Thu - Hatch 2
Fri - Rest
Sat - CF
Sun - Rest

This way I utilize my membership at CF to the fullest including a Sat session with the Weekend Warriors...but that's 4 straight days of butt-kicking, done that before with straight CF, but that was based on Eddie Lugo's programming which takes into account what has been done for the week.

Anyone have any lessons learned from meshing routines...I'm sure I'll have a better idea of recovery time I need after I actually complete a week...(semi-started this week, Thanksgiving kind of made this week, week-0 vice week-1 though).

Also toying with doubling up WOD's on some days...I've played with that before but it wasn't smart then...not sure it's smarter now..but I am smarter now about my recovery so maybe I can pull it off Matt G style...what do ya think?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Aushion,

I'm on Week Four of Hatch. I've integrated it exactly like Rut's Black Box, as your first schedule shows.

Don't let the percentages fool you. This program is nasty.

I would highly advise against a four-on/one-off template, unless you're a total badass. I'm not in bad shape, and I tried to incorporate Hatch as a fourth day effort and as a second workout in one day.

Neither of these worked out so well--I ended up missing the last few sets of front squats both times.

Treat it with respect, and go with the Black Box programming, inconveniences aside.

Best,

Jon
Old 11-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
Jon,

thanks for the gouge...I did day one yesterday and YES it is a beast from what that felt like.

I'll stick with the Black Box and just roll with it for the next 3 mnths...

Old 11-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
Max Seid

Profile:
Jon, do you have a link for that program you are doing. I want to try out that program.