CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Jenny Werba

Profile:
Muscle Driver "No Limits" Clock

I am a CrossFit Affiliate owner (United Barbell - CrossFit SOMA), and I currently have Muscle Driver's "Clock Gone Bad." I like the clock a lot, but the "No Limits" clock looks great. Has anyone made the switch? It looks worth while, but I was hoping to get a review from another affiliate before I go and buy it.

Thanks!

Jenny
Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Devin Carr

Profile:
Re: Muscle Driver "No Limits" Clock

I bought the clock and it is superior in every way. At first glance, the numbers are slightly smaller in height, but they are far easier to see from even the most narrow of angles. I would compare this to the viewing angle of a Plasma tv Vs LCD... Customizable timer for tabata is another fantastic feature not to mention it counts your tabata rounds.. 'Nuff said ! Get it. You wont regret it.

Devin
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Ron Murray

Profile:

My affiliate (CrossFit Evolution) just got one about 2 weeks ago, it's an awesome piece of equipment. Definitely a major upgrade from Clock Gone Bad.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
James White

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Werba View Post
I am a CrossFit Affiliate owner (United Barbell - CrossFit SOMA), and I currently have Muscle Driver's "Clock Gone Bad." I like the clock a lot, but the "No Limits" clock looks great. Has anyone made the switch? It looks worth while, but I was hoping to get a review from another affiliate before I go and buy it.

Thanks!

Jenny
If you sell your old one...lemme know. ;-)
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Murray View Post
My affiliate (CrossFit Evolution) just got one about 2 weeks ago, it's an awesome piece of equipment. Definitely a major upgrade from Clock Gone Bad.
I'm kind of curious about what you use the clock most for? I cant really compare to the old one cause I never used one, but after having the No Limits one for a few weeks, we are mostly using it to self program work/rest intervals.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Pendlay View Post
I'm kind of curious about what you use the clock most for? I cant really compare to the old one cause I never used one, but after having the No Limits one for a few weeks, we are mostly using it to self program work/rest intervals.
We began programming a lot of rest intervals just after installing the clock as well. Doing a lot of 7mins on 2mins off type of WoD's.

There is still a wealth of features uncovered yet I'm sure. One of the really neat benefits to these clocks (not specific to no limits) is that they are great for programming multiple heats in case equipment is sparse or something of that nature and not having to have 2 and 3 stop watches going.

It's taken some time for me to get used to being responsible for looking up at the clock and not yelling my name out lol but, I like it thus far.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

7 minutes on is NOT an interval, that's a workout, lol.

Ours are more like 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off... Metabolic conditioning for football with a prowler for instance. It's nice to be able to set up a 20 or 30 minute session like this then go do something else while the clock does the "coaching".
Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Pendlay View Post
7 minutes on is NOT an interval, that's a workout, lol.

Ours are more like 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off... Metabolic conditioning for football with a prowler for instance. It's nice to be able to set up a 20 or 30 minute session like this then go do something else while the clock does the "coaching".
lol, too true.

We've done others as well, much smaller "intervals". Right now we're really working the 7/2 and 3/1 format for some WoD's and of course Tabata's are easy as cake.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
Jon Gilson

Profile:

I'm totally biased, but I love the "No Limits" Timer. My Title timer and CGB both hang on the wall silent and unused. The NLT is the shiz-nit, and the blue and red display is positively hypnotizing.

Best,

Jon
Old 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:

Does it have a remote? Any pictures of it?