CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #221
Dustin Ma
Member Dustin Ma is offline
 
Dustin Ma's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sugar Land  TX
Posts: 258
Re: The Dog Thread

You have made me and whoever I emailed the link to completely useless.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #222
Nancy Cohen
Member Nancy Cohen is offline
 
Nancy Cohen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Santa Barbara  CA
Posts: 2,630
Re: The Dog Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Ma View Post
You have made me and whoever I emailed the link to completely useless.
That gives me an idea. If you have any competition (business, sports, or otherwise), that you'd like to get rid of, then send them this link!
__________________
Website: http://www.FunkZoneFitness.com CF Log: http://tinyurl.com/ygz6rda
f/51y/5'7.5"/124lbs
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #223
Erik Lilliedahl
Member Erik Lilliedahl is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 46
Re: The Dog Thread

I sent this puppy cam link to my girlfriend at work. She then sent the link to several coworkers and a couple vendors. I fear I have single handedly essentially shut down the entertainment business for the afternoon.

So cute.
__________________
Erik_37_6'3"_215
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #224
Emily Maisannes
Member Emily Maisannes is offline
 
Emily Maisannes's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 1,114
Re: The Dog Thread

Ok, that's it. Game over. Jack figured out how to do round door knobs again. I say again, because he knew how to do it before he ran away, but in those 5 months, he lost the ability to do some things. I guess he just forgot. He first figured out how to open this kind of door knob in 2004 when he was 4 years old. I had a tenant/roomie who was in the room where the knob didn't lock. Jack would barge in on him all the time.

We got him back in December last year, so it has been just about 11 months and he finally relearned how to do it. We keep the pooches crated in the basement during the day, and this evening when he went down to let them out, he closed the door behind him. Coming up the stairs, Jack got the door open by himself. I guess those webbed toes come in handy! We feed him by himself in the basement, since either of the huskies will push him away from his bowl and not let him eat (even though he's twice their size). I guess this won't work anymore, since he will probably open the door by himself now. We'll have to figure out something new.
__________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
My CF workout log
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #225
Frank E Morel
Member Frank E Morel is offline
 
Frank E Morel's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Santa Rosa  CA
Posts: 2,328
Re: The Dog Thread

the pups got a play pen today!!!! that should be good for losing the weekend.
__________________
Creating heaven on earth: one deadlift session at a time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #226
Sean Dunston
Affiliate Sean Dunston is offline
 
Sean Dunston's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 5,759
Re: The Dog Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
Ok, that's it. Game over. Jack figured out how to do round door knobs again. I say again, because he knew how to do it before he ran away, but in those 5 months, he lost the ability to do some things. I guess he just forgot. He first figured out how to open this kind of door knob in 2004 when he was 4 years old. I had a tenant/roomie who was in the room where the knob didn't lock. Jack would barge in on him all the time.

We got him back in December last year, so it has been just about 11 months and he finally relearned how to do it. We keep the pooches crated in the basement during the day, and this evening when he went down to let them out, he closed the door behind him. Coming up the stairs, Jack got the door open by himself. I guess those webbed toes come in handy! We feed him by himself in the basement, since either of the huskies will push him away from his bowl and not let him eat (even though he's twice their size). I guess this won't work anymore, since he will probably open the door by himself now. We'll have to figure out something new.
Emily-
What about those little plastic child proof door knob thingies?

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/e...7x150-0-0_.jpg
__________________
Mount Vernon CrossFit, Owner
USA Powerlifting, Virginia State Rep
My gym- Mount Vernon CrossFit
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #227
Nancy Cohen
Member Nancy Cohen is offline
 
Nancy Cohen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Santa Barbara  CA
Posts: 2,630
Re: The Dog Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank E Morel View Post
the pups got a play pen today!!!! that should be good for losing the weekend.
I saw that! How fun is that!!
__________________
Website: http://www.FunkZoneFitness.com CF Log: http://tinyurl.com/ygz6rda
f/51y/5'7.5"/124lbs
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #228
Emily Maisannes
Member Emily Maisannes is offline
 
Emily Maisannes's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 1,114
Re: The Dog Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
Emily-
What about those little plastic child proof door knob thingies?
We're not quite to that level of desperation. He's only done it once. The only door we need to keep shut when he's behind it is the basement door to keep him down there when he's eating. We'll certainly pick one up if he does it again! Thanks for the tip!
__________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
My CF workout log
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #229
Sean Dunston
Affiliate Sean Dunston is offline
 
Sean Dunston's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 5,759
Re: The Dog Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
We're not quite to that level of desperation. He's only done it once. The only door we need to keep shut when he's behind it is the basement door to keep him down there when he's eating. We'll certainly pick one up if he does it again! Thanks for the tip!
No problem.
And you don't need to be desperate - those things are like $2.00 each!
__________________
Mount Vernon CrossFit, Owner
USA Powerlifting, Virginia State Rep
My gym- Mount Vernon CrossFit
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #230
Yael Grauer
Member Yael Grauer is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tucson  AZ
Posts: 871
Re: The Dog Thread

That webcam is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bird dog Jeff Yan Exercises 2 05-13-2008 09:51 AM
Dog Vomit Eric Cohen Nutrition 2 04-24-2008 02:47 PM
My Dog Jennifer Conlin Community 20 05-03-2006 06:36 AM
Skinning The Dog Keith Wittenstein Exercises 7 07-15-2005 12:08 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.