CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #11
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: Starting Strenght Program 2º Edition + practical programming + WODS

If you are spending 1.5 hours 5 times a week grappling, I would guess your endurance is fairly good. I would concentrate on gaining strength. Start with SS, you may have make smaller jumps in weight due to the demands of grappling, but it will work for you. Make sure you eat and sleep ALOT. Make sure you do the Power Cleans, since you'll need that explosize strength for throws and in bad positions on the ground.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:35 AM   #12
Rafael Garcia

Profile:
Re: Starting Strenght Program 2º Edition + practical programming + WODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
If you are spending 1.5 hours 5 times a week grappling, I would guess your endurance is fairly good. I would concentrate on gaining strength. Start with SS, you may have make smaller jumps in weight due to the demands of grappling, but it will work for you. Make sure you eat and sleep ALOT. Make sure you do the Power Cleans, since you'll need that explosize strength for throws and in bad positions on the ground.
well, i think i have to explain this 1.5 hours grappling. Is obvious that is the class time, where you warm-up, practice technique and at the end, you roll with your partners :-). And my endurance is not the best, i promise :-). Thats the reason i am starting to like CF, because is giving to me workouts where i can improve my muscle endurance and stamina.

thank you very much for your advices