CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #41
Ian Girvan

Profile:
Re: Breakfast is the best meal of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Novak View Post
How long have you been doing IF for? And what's the program you follow, 8/16? I'm about to start that and just wanted to see how it's working for you..
About 10 weeks. It was working well, but I found myself in the habit of binge eating/drinking on weekends, so was undoing all the good work throughout the week. Something I'm working on now.

I like it though, one thing I found it stopped me doing was eating food at night. I didn't really realise I was in the habit of having a tablespoon of peanut butter and a big chug of milk 2-3 times a night, and wondering why I wasn't losing weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia Magrini View Post
Ian, the fish oil doesn't bother you with no food? I am IFing too and my fast breaking meal includes a lot of eggs. I would miss brekkie too much to forego it altogether!
Nah it's an orange flavoured fish oil, it's quite pleasant. Does spike my hunger though, but I use the coffee as an appetite suppressant, and to keep me busy during the morning. Where I work is very, very boring.

I had some serious issues initially with not eating till midday, the hunger would be intense. After about two weeks I adapted, and now I can manage it very well. And the beauty is I can eat large meals, instead of having tiny ones and being hungry all the time
Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
Pär Larsson

Profile:

Chugged some milk.
Couple of slices of hard salami.
Small apple.
Out the door, second week of new job, new apartment, new town. Stress. Nuts.

Found this thread looking for cheap paleo-ish breakfast solutions. Crap's not easy when it's easy to stay up late and don't want to drop below the level 6-7 hrs of sleep.

I'm not much for cooked or cooking food in the morning, I come from a culture of big breakfasts, but all just natural, uncooked stuff in the morning (yoghurt, bread, fruit jams, tea etc. - I grew up in Sweden).

Is there a cheap and easy way to do bacon in the morning using my fancy new cheap toaster oven? Bacon bacon bacon!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #43
BMH

Profile:  

For bacon in microwave you can put the bacon in papertowel sheets on a plate and it takes 6 min I think. To be honest cheese and fruit or milk and a meat make a decent fast breakfast that keeps you full.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #44
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pär Larsson View Post
Chugged hard salami.
Small apple.
Out the door, second week of new job, new apartment, new town. Stress. Nuts.

Found this thread looking for cheap paleo-ish breakfast solutions. Crap's not easy when it's easy to stay up late and don't want to drop below the level 6-7 hrs of sleep.

I'm not much for cooked or cooking food in the morning, I come from a culture of big breakfasts, but all just natural, uncooked stuff in the morning (yoghurt, bread, fruit jams, tea etc. - I grew up in Sweden).

Is there a cheap and easy way to do bacon in the morning using my fancy new cheap toaster oven? Bacon bacon bacon!
I bet you did...

Sorry I had to
Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #45
Pär Larsson

Profile:

Ok, I need some breakfast suggestions. On a time limit of 10min or less, preferably - from the time I walk into the kitchen to the time I'm done eating.

Currently grabbing a bowl, pouring a small amount of cheap cereal from CostCo in the bottom (tastes good), a big spoon of Whey Protein over the top (cheap protein from CostCo) and pouring on some milk (which isn't Paleo but it's protein and won't kill me). Fast easy simple and supposedly protein will keep me from getting the snack attack a bit longer since it takes longer to digest.

Obviously this isn't the most awesome and natural foods breakfast, but I'm looking for quick easy simple ideas.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #46
Larry Bruce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
For bacon in microwave you can put the bacon in papertowel sheets on a plate and it takes 6 min I think. To be honest cheese and fruit or milk and a meat make a decent fast breakfast that keeps you full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pär Larsson View Post
Ok, I need some breakfast suggestions. On a time limit of 10min or less, preferably - from the time I walk into the kitchen to the time I'm done eating.

Currently grabbing a bowl, pouring a small amount of cheap cereal from CostCo in the bottom (tastes good), a big spoon of Whey Protein over the top (cheap protein from CostCo) and pouring on some milk (which isn't Paleo but it's protein and won't kill me). Fast easy simple and supposedly protein will keep me from getting the snack attack a bit longer since it takes longer to digest.

Obviously this isn't the most awesome and natural foods breakfast, but I'm looking for quick easy simple ideas.
Bill mentioned one above.

I also do that cereal milk and whey thing.

How about avocado, tomato and cottage cheese, on toast or fiber crackers?
Spice to taste.

Best breakfast I made in a while:
Homemade crepe ricotta/cottage cheese blintzes, topped with hot strawberries.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #47
BMH

Profile:  

Try whey and milk with two apples and peanut butter. Peanutbutter is straight up athlete superfood.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #48
Mitch Moore

Profile:

This morning I had a 4 egg almond butter and banana omelet. With some black berries and a sausage patty!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #49
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

This morning was a new idea of mine.
-1 Carton of Egg Whites to form the base
-6 Strips of Bacon
-4 Eggs

Also Some Mixed Berries afterwards
Directions:
Flip the base (Egg-whites)like an omelette, make sure the eggs on the inside are marginally cooked (Like over-easy). Cooking the bacon before-hand then placing it into the base before the flip works best.

Eat it. Its like an omelette but when you cut into it, the yolk pours out with the bacon. DELICIOUS!

-Matt
(WFS)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (22).jpg
Views:	205
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	9449  
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #50
BMH

Profile: