CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #61
Ryan Pye

Profile:
Re: Is Rich Froning the next Lance Armstrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Is that due to drop of testosterone levels?
While I can't say I've ever seen a study try to determine why power peaks then, I feel testosterone production and recovery would play a big part of it.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #62
Patrick Rushbrook

Profile:

It's just physical aging and everything that comes with it. You can delay it or compensate for a while with better nutrition, rest, treatment, etc, but as my dad likes to say "gettin' old sucks, Pat".

But hey..with age comes wisdom, right? I like myself much better at 35 than I did at 25.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #63
Tim Alford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
when you have kids and a full time job...

I hear that!!
Old 03-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #64
Joe Novak

Profile:

Without even wading into the "are they or aren't they" or "Is RF JR juicing or isn't he" debate, I don't think that he will ever be "The Next Lance Armstrong." Even if it did come out that used PEDs, either through a drug test or otherwise, he wouldn't have the fallout because he doesn't Lionize himself as a monument to determination, hard work, and overcoming adversity. RF JR doesn't or hasn't had a "What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my a** six hours a day. What are you on?" moment. Rich Froning doesn't viciously attack those that make allegations about PEDs and Crossfit, or even those that suggest it about him. The fallout surrounding Lance Armstrong is much stronger because of his denial, his repeated attacks and lawsuits against those who claimed that he was using PEDs, etc...
Old 03-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #65
Cam Peavy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Pye View Post
While I can't say I've ever seen a study try to determine why power peaks then, I feel testosterone production and recovery would play a big part of it.
TRT and HRT would still allow you to pass drug tests, regardless of the dose.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:01 PM   #66
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Just watched the Lance Arm-strong-ing.. wow that dude was a brute.

I don't think that anyone in X fit is diabolical enough to pull it off like Lance Did... but he did have some help along the way..

X fit well like I said in the beginning.. would not be surprised either way if they are not doing them or doing them. Would be sad but enough money around people do things that they normally would not do.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #67
Jeffrey Cupra

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Novak View Post
Without even wading into the "are they or aren't they" or "Is RF JR juicing or isn't he" debate, I don't think that he will ever be "The Next Lance Armstrong." Even if it did come out that used PEDs, either through a drug test or otherwise, he wouldn't have the fallout because he doesn't Lionize himself as a monument to determination, hard work, and overcoming adversity. RF JR doesn't or hasn't had a "What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my a** six hours a day. What are you on?" moment. Rich Froning doesn't viciously attack those that make allegations about PEDs and Crossfit, or even those that suggest it about him. The fallout surrounding Lance Armstrong is much stronger because of his denial, his repeated attacks and lawsuits against those who claimed that he was using PEDs, etc...
To compare the sport of cycling with CF is wrong to start with. Were talking about a men who made millions of dollars vs Rich who made? My guess not even 1/4 of lance's salary. So no on that scale RF will never be the next Lance.

As for PED's and CF. Withoud a doubt there are some maybe even the majority of athletes who either tried or are on some kind of PED.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #68
Ben Leeper

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Cupra View Post
To compare the sport of cycling with CF is wrong to start with. Were talking about a men who made millions of dollars vs Rich who made? My guess not even 1/4 of lance's salary. So no on that scale RF will never be the next Lance.

As for PED's and CF. Withoud a doubt there are some maybe even the majority of athletes who either tried or are on some kind of PED.
I don't think he was asking the question based on media attention. I think we can all agree that Lance Armstrong is waaaaaay more popular of an athlete that RF.

Just like most people, I hope as much as anybody that he is clean but I will never be confident in that.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #69
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Here is an interesting interview related to CrossFit's drug testing policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dCyFQt4w4 (wfs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Not to mention that there is no full disclosure on tests/testing in the sport from HQ. So if someone fails a test, we may never know, they are not obligated to release all passed/failed information.
Partial disclosure from the video:
- CrossFit has tested for drugs 765 times since 2013
- 13 athletes failed the testing of which
- 10 tests would have been eligible for TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption)
- 3 test failures due to supplements.
The video implies that two of these failures were due to banned substances listed on the supplement label. (CrossFit New England had two athletes fail drug tests, and hence the team was disqualified. They tested positive for the stimulant methylhexaneamine, not recognizing it as being the same substance as geranamine, which was listed on the label. http://games2010.crossfit.com/blog/2...-rankings,958/ (wfs) See Ben Bergeron's comment on that article.)
Richard Bohlken's failure was due to contamination of a banned substance that was not listed on the label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morris View Post
Dave Castro commented on Instagram (not wfs - language?) a CrossFit athlete was making it difficult for drug testers to do their job, i.e., high suspicion of PED use, and that athlete was disqualified for this 2015 season. As far as I know, that athlete hasn't been identified.
Dave Castro's comment about a disqualified athlete was before Richard Bohlken's test. The video states that CrossFit HQ views refusing to take a drug test, or evading a drug test is the same as failing a drug test.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #70
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

http://games.crossfit.com/video/upda...ichard-bohlken

Quote:
Richard Bohlken—16th-ranked man at the 2014 Games—has been suspended from the 2015 season after testing positive for a banned substance.

As Bohlken described in this interview, his positive test was due to unknowingly taking a contaminated workout supplement provided by his sponsor FitnEssentials. Despite the supplement company taking full responsibility, Bohlken’s season is finished.
Right...I aint buying it.