CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
David Stegman

Profile:
Yeah! After a LONG time my wife has finally agreed to get on board with a lifestyle diet change!

Not by my motivation though....her office is doing a "biggest loser" competition that will run 16 weeks. The one that drops the most weight wins. I've got her on a very balanced "zone-ish" diet though.....and I'm not worried about how much she loses at this point.

However, there are people in her office that are just eating cereal for breakfast and lunch then a regular dinner......and get this.....a few that are on a 1000 calorie a day diet....yikes!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
Tell them they need to couple it with a fitness evaluation at the beginning and the end to compare overall fitness, instead of just weight loss (any fool can lose weight, but it takes some sense to get fit and keep weight off)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
David Stegman

Profile:
Actually I suggested that when they started but her office workers shot that down. No one wants to actually "get fit" they just see it as losing weight. Lame.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Howard Wilcox

Profile:
Hmmm...perhaps then a stipulation that if you gain it back after six months you have to give the money back and there is a re-weigh. Those that yo-yo diet will burn off all their muscle and will probably get all the fatter because of it.

howard
Old 03-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
Kristin Hoppe

Profile:
When I started Zone the difference in my alertness and energy level was so great that there's no way I'd go back, regardless of weight loss. Hopefully your wife notices the same thing.

16 weeks is a long time to keep up a starvation diet. The turtles will beat the hares out in this race.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
David Stegman

Profile:
Kristin, that is exactly what I told my wife. Don't worry about those 1000 calorie people.....16 weeks is a LONG time to starve! They won't make it.