CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Brad Williams

Profile:

I have known it forever but I am at the point where I finally have to admit to myself that something is wrong. I have had lower back irritation for a few years now, what seems like pain at or near my SI joint on the right side. All of my other minor injuries also occur on that side including some serious patello-femoral pain. I can usually get around the discomfort in the knee but lately it is too much even on the light wods and even when focusing solely on technique.

Also,when I squat my pelvis makes a very obvious shift to my left side. I can watch it and can feel it a bit but it definately seems that both femurs are taking different paths at the joint in both hip flexion and extension(most likely the cause of P-F pain).
Does anyone out there see a relationship between the back pain, injuries, and lateral shifting in the pelvis? Could this be a slightly misaligned pelvis? If so has anyone else experienced something similar and how did you correct it?

My next move is physio or osteo but I was just hoping I could maybe get a little feedback here in the meantime.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Yes, yes, and yes. Almost exactly as you describe it! It didn't really cause too much back pain, it was more of an annoyance. I felt it more in the hips. I went to a chiro and also a PT. After a few adjustments I'm fine. I noticed it a lot more post-pregnancy, but you don't have to worry about that! :biggrin:

Good luck!