CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Matt Bahen
Member Matt Bahen is offline
 
Matt Bahen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glen Allen  VA
Posts: 2,394
Dirty Thirty

My first attempt at this one: 26::51.

I sub'd Tuck Jumps for the Double-unders but did everything else as RX'd.

M/5'10"/185lbs
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Jericho M. Valle
Member Jericho M. Valle is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sierra Vista  AZ
Posts: 24
Re: Dirty Thirty

I was looking in the demos and may be blind, but what is or are the "Dirty Thirty" thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Matt Bahen
Member Matt Bahen is offline
 
Matt Bahen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glen Allen  VA
Posts: 2,394
Re: Dirty Thirty

Jericho,

No worries mate. The "Dirty Thirty" is actually a variant of the "Filthy Fifties." I'm not sure if that will help your search out or not. Here's the WOD though for you:

“Filthy Fifties” or “Dirty Thirty” if you use 30 reps instead; For time:
a. 50 Box Jumps (24-inch box)
b. 50 Jumping Pull-Ups
c. 50 Kettlebell swings (1 pood)
d. 50 Walking lunge steps
e. 50 Knees-to-Elbows
f. 50 Push Press (45 lbs)
g. 50 Back Extensions
h. 50 Wall-ball shots (20 lbs ball)
i. 50 Burpees
j. 50 Double –Unders
Source: CrossFit Virginia Beach (http://crossfitvb.typepad.com/),
September 3, 2007 WOD
There are plenty of sources for the WOD but I got it off of CFVB's website. Good luck and let me know if you kick my when you do it!

-Matt
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Jericho M. Valle
Member Jericho M. Valle is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sierra Vista  AZ
Posts: 24
Re: Dirty Thirty

hey thanks..always look for new ways to haze myself and have people look at me all funny in the gym ..thanks again
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Matt Bahen
Member Matt Bahen is offline
 
Matt Bahen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glen Allen  VA
Posts: 2,394
Re: Dirty Thirty

I'm sure there are people looking at me funny in the gym as well. I just don't notice them because it's usually all fuzzy and gray around the edges of my eyesight when I'm done with a WOD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Keith J Martin
Member Keith J Martin is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tucson  AZ
Posts: 36
Re: Dirty Thirty

I know people look at me funny, but just to make myself feel better, I assume they are thinking how is that kid getting a better workout than me in 20 minutes when I have been here for two hours using machines???....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Frank Tardi
Member Frank Tardi is offline
 
Frank Tardi's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago  IL
Posts: 137
Re: Dirty Thirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith J Martin View Post
I know people look at me funny, but just to make myself feel better, I assume they are thinking how is that kid getting a better workout than me in 20 minutes when I have been here for two hours using machines???....
HAH thats so true keith! whenever i do the WODs at the gym people jus cant seem to fathom how i bust my balls in sucha short amount of time while they are jus loungin around from machine to machine haha i think its so funny. we go to the gym an get a 2 hour workout in 20 mins while others go to the gym for two hours and get a 20 min workout.... god i love crossfit!
__________________
...excuse me while i kiss the sky...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Keith J Martin
Member Keith J Martin is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tucson  AZ
Posts: 36
Re: Dirty Thirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Tardi View Post
HAH thats so true keith! whenever i do the WODs at the gym people jus cant seem to fathom how i bust my balls in sucha short amount of time while they are jus loungin around from machine to machine haha i think its so funny. we go to the gym an get a 2 hour workout in 20 mins while others go to the gym for two hours and get a 20 min workout.... god i love crossfit!
Amen brother!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #9
Matt Bahen
Member Matt Bahen is offline
 
Matt Bahen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glen Allen  VA
Posts: 2,394
Re: Dirty Thirty

Quality vs. quantity. I was thinking the same thing yesterday as I watched 2 dudes "working out" as I was banging out the burpees. I think they both did 1 set of 10 butterflys and lots of chatting while I was doing 30 burpees. Silliness!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #10
James Bailey
Member James Bailey is offline
 
James Bailey's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edinburgh  UK
Posts: 79
Re: Dirty Thirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bahen View Post
Jericho,

No worries mate. The "Dirty Thirty" is actually a variant of the "Filthy Fifties." I'm not sure if that will help your search out or not. Here's the WOD though for you:

“Filthy Fifties” or “Dirty Thirty” if you use 30 reps instead; For time:
a. 50 Box Jumps (24-inch box)
b. 50 Jumping Pull-Ups
c. 50 Kettlebell swings (1 pood)
d. 50 Walking lunge steps
e. 50 Knees-to-Elbows
f. 50 Push Press (45 lbs)
g. 50 Back Extensions
h. 50 Wall-ball shots (20 lbs ball)
i. 50 Burpees
j. 50 Double –Unders
Source: CrossFit Virginia Beach (http://crossfitvb.typepad.com/),
September 3, 2007 WOD
There are plenty of sources for the WOD but I got it off of CFVB's website. Good luck and let me know if you kick my when you do it!

-Matt
That is somewhat correct in that it is similar and follows a similar format but this is the workout.

Dirty Thirty (Connie Morreale)

Run .30 miles
30 Rower Pulls or 30 SDHP (45 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
30 KB Swings (44 lbs)
30 DB Push Presses (35 lbs)
30 Box Jumps (24”)
30 Rower Pulls or 30 SDHP (45 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
30 Sit-ups
30 Back Extensions
30 Burpees
30 Rower Pulls or 30 SDHP (45 lbs)
30 Double-Unders
30 Walking Lunges

1 Round for Time


Similar protocol, different workout...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.