CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Thomas Baker

Profile:
Re: Rogue Jump Rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Leonard View Post
I have the again faster revolution rope.

How does this compare? I'm still on my first cable (came with two) and I think it will last a long time. I'm fairly pleased with it but seem to have plateaud with DUs. That's my fault really...not the ropes'.
Surprised. I had 3-4 revolution ropes and they all busted.

The new Rogue rope is AWESOME. I got it today, haven't done a DU in 3 weeks and almost hit a PR on my first go-around, 80+.

The handles are strong and holding on you know its quality. The rotation is seamless and speeding up and slowing down is very easy. I feel very "in tune" with the jumping if that makes sense, unlike others.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
Scott Alexander

Profile:

This is a noob question, but I recently got a speed rope and I can't seem to get the curl out of it from how it shipped.

Any thoughts on how to fix that?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Steve Jaeger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Alexander View Post
This is a noob question, but I recently got a speed rope and I can't seem to get the curl out of it from how it shipped.

Any thoughts on how to fix that?
Scott,

I've seen folks hang them on a nail and use 2.5# plates to keep them 'stretched'. Maybe give that a shot?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
John Lovins

Profile:

So far so good with the rogue rope... The red cover is starting to come off after 3 workouts on the part that hits the ground. No biggie as long as the cable doesn't unravel like the speed wire rope seems to do.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
Mike Hollister

Profile:

okay finally had a chance to try mine out. The handles are heavier than I'm use to, as is the rope. The handles are definitely more comfortable in the shape, but I kinda feel like they may be more fatigue-inducing due to the extra weight. I do think that I'll probably end up swapping out the cable for something lighter--maybe the bare steel cable.

Love the feel of the handles. Not sure if it's gonna be faster than the AF rev rope for me. So far it's not, but it's only been a few minutes. Gotta let it settle in. I think that I'd prefer to pay a bit more for it and have it come w/ 2 cables; the red one and a bare steel one. It seemed way cheap at $22 anyway.

I'll report back after a couple weeks with it.

The true test is going to be how hard it is for me to string together DUs when I'm tired. Will the extra handle help me to focus on flipping my wrists and keeping my arms still? That's what I'm hoping for.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
Nalin Prabhu

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lovins View Post
So far so good with the rogue rope... The red cover is starting to come off after 3 workouts on the part that hits the ground. No biggie as long as the cable doesn't unravel like the speed wire rope seems to do.
Someone at our gym has the new Rogue rope and noticed the same thing within the first couple of days.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
James Mazzarisi

Profile:

I ended up selling my Rx rope for $30 to a 5'5" girl. I'm 5'11". I ordered the new Rogue Bearing rope.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Georgia Guy

Profile:

I just ordered one of these ropes. Any tricks to getting the best measurement, I am 6'2.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
William Henniger

Profile:

We can put different size wires in this rope. This was the first one that we tried.

I am watching this thread for feedback as we can mod anything on the rope. We have beat the crap out of the cables and not seen any bad wear on them.

If you experience any issues with the rope just email us at team@roguefitness.com

Thanks again for the great feedback!

Bill
Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
Mike Hollister

Profile:

circulated it among folk at the box today. A couple people love it and have probably already bought one. I haven't quite acclimated to it. I replaced the cable w/ the AF RevX bare steel cable and so far I like that a LOT more. That said, a couple people preferred the standard red cable. Although I had to steal the little ring off another rope as the one that came w/ the Rogue rope wouldn't screw in tight enough to secure the bare steel cable.

I think I've frankensteined my ideal rope. We'll see. So far I'm still a bit more efficient w/ the AF rope, mainly b/c that's what I'm used to. We'll see how things shape out.

Everyone was impressed w/ how much the handle spun on the bearings though.

I know you check these boards Bill. That's why I've been leaving detailed feedback. Thanks for striving for improvement.