CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Dan Rotatori

Profile:
Shoulder Suggestions

Playing racquetball I dove for a ball and then got up and changed directions and my shoulder felt like it popped in and out of place really fast. Ever since then it has clicked when rotating it around with some pain on the rotation in the front part of the deltoid but definitely deep. It got better but now it just hasn't changed and is staying the same. Any suggestions or ideas would be great thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Brent Sallee

Profile:
Re: Shoulder Suggestions

Sometimes, a pop can happen when the humerus falls backward into the glenoid, especially if you're really protracted. However, the pain during rotation isn't a good sign. That is frequently not associated with muscle injury, but rather labral damage. If it hurts for more than a week or two, you should definitely see an orthopedist about it. You could probably get some PT that would help you out, but it depends on if the labrum is torn and, if so, how badly.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
James Mazzarisi

Profile:

Subluxation. Dislocates but goes right back into socket. I've done it numerous times. You'll need to make a point to rehab it before each of your workouts because the more you do it.... to more you're going to do it.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
Brent Sallee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mazzarisi View Post
Subluxation. Dislocates but goes right back into socket. I've done it numerous times. You'll need to make a point to rehab it before each of your workouts because the more you do it.... to more you're going to do it.
It doesn't have to sublux to make a pop or clunking. If it doesn't come with lasting pain, it's not too much to worry about. If it does last then it is something he's going to need to get checked out.