CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #181
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Re: Peyton's Log

Yesterday's WOD of 30 MU for time.

As Rx'd 11:00...mehhh! Dudes on the mainsite were killing this in sub 7-5 minute times. I'll caveat with the fact that my ring set-up at work wasn't ideal and the webbing kept slipping on the left ring so I would have to re-adjust from time to time. Not excuses but not ideal environment either. Whatever, next time it will be better. I know I'm not as slow as 11 minutes.

Prior to that WOD I did some half mile intervals with the studs. Here are my splits

2:55
2:37 (PR I think)
2:57
3:01

Weird gap on that second one. Don't know what got into me there. Only one student beat me on intervals 1,3,4, but he also runs an 8:40 minute 1.5 miler. I never claimed to be the fastest runner but running isn't the only measured event at the school house and I think I'm faster than all the other instructors. Won't know that answer for sure until I take a PT test. I plan on doing that near the end of the month

Today I was going to do the WOD but my lower back was giving me s*@T for the 2nd time in 4 days so I held off. I think it's my shoes. Both times I've worn the new ones, I've gotten lower back pain. I know I know "POSE" method running etc etc. All things in good time folks!

Last edited by Peyton Knippel; 02-03-2009 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #182
Keith Walker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton Knippel View Post
Yesterday's WOD of 30 MU for time.

As Rx'd 11:00...mehhh! Dudes on the mainsite were killing this in sub 7-5 minute times. I'll caveat with the fact that my ring set-up at work wasn't ideal and the webbing kept slipping on the left ring so I would have to re-adjust from time to time. Not excuses but not ideal environment either. Whatever, next time it will be better. I know I'm not as slow as 11 minutes.

Prior to that WOD I did some half mile intervals with the studs. Here are my splits

2:55
2:37 (PR I think)
2:57
3:01

Weird gap on that second one. Don't know what got into me there. Only one student beat me on intervals 1,3,4, but he also runs an 8:40 minute 1.5 miler. I never claimed to be the fastest runner but running isn't the only measured event at the school house and I think I'm faster than all the other instructors. Won't know that answer for sure until I take a PT test. I plan on doing that near the end of the month

Today I was going to do the WOD but my lower back was giving me s*@T for the 2nd time in 4 days so I held off. I think it's my shoes. Both times I've worn the new ones, I've gotten lower back pain. I know I know "POSE" method running etc etc. All things in good time folks!

Dang Payton! That was quite a bit of work! And pretty impressive I might add. You go boy with those MU's!! I'm so envious!!

great job on the 1/2 mile splits!!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #183
Benjammin Gartner

Profile:

Nice job on the MU's. Pretty impressice doing 30 of them things. Were were you doing the 1/2 miles? Track?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #184
Matt Bahen

Profile:

Dang Peyton! Ya did some strong work yesterday! on the 30 MUs and the rooster quick half-milers. That's the thing about those studs at the shool...always gonna be some young buck that can beat you at something...but we know you'll get yours sooner or later!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #185
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Walker View Post
Dang Payton! That was quite a bit of work! And pretty impressive I might add. You go boy with those MU's!! I'm so envious!!

great job on the 1/2 mile splits!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin Gartner View Post
Nice job on the MU's. Pretty impressice doing 30 of them things. Were were you doing the 1/2 miles? Track?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bahen View Post
Dang Peyton! Ya did some strong work yesterday! on the 30 MUs and the rooster quick half-milers. That's the thing about those studs at the shool...always gonna be some young buck that can beat you at something...but we know you'll get yours sooner or later!
Kyle and Matt, thanks dudes. The half milers were fun. The stud and I played cat and mouse the whole time on the runs. He'd get me by a few seconds when he beat me. I'm not too heart broken over it. I'm just glad he's the only one to beat me!

Benji! The half milers were done on an 800 meter loop starting in front of the pt field and looping around the AST shop, back by the ammo dudes an back around to the start point. It's a good lil run

PT was so damn cold today! 17 degree's with the windchill. What's the damn deal! I thought I lived in Florida! My feet were so damn cold it was rediculous

Since I didn't do the 5x5x5x5x5 squat WOD on the posted day, I did it today instead

225 (PR)
235 (PR)

Made sure all my squats were full ROM. The very last one was scary but I managed somehow. I might have been able to squeeze out 140 if I hadn't done two sets of 205. I think I might be able to do a 1 rep max of at least 300 now....Guess I'll wait till the next CFT
Old 02-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #186
Keith Walker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton Knippel View Post
Kyle and Matt, thanks dudes. The half milers were fun. The stud and I played cat and mouse the whole time on the runs. He'd get me by a few seconds when he beat me. I'm not too heart broken over it. I'm just glad he's the only one to beat me!

Benji! The half milers were done on an 800 meter loop starting in front of the pt field and looping around the AST shop, back by the ammo dudes an back around to the start point. It's a good lil run

PT was so damn cold today! 17 degree's with the windchill. What's the damn deal! I thought I lived in Florida! My feet were so damn cold it was rediculous

Since I didn't do the 5x5x5x5x5 squat WOD on the posted day, I did it today instead

225 (PR)
235 (PR)

Made sure all my squats were full ROM. The very last one was scary but I managed somehow. I might have been able to squeeze out 140 if I hadn't done two sets of 205. I think I might be able to do a 1 rep max of at least 300 now....Guess I'll wait till the next CFT
OK PAY-ton, my name is Keith not Kyle! HA! gotcha!

GREAT job on your squats today. way to go dude!!

oh, and one more thing, Mr Man, you owe me my Bday WOD. I want to hold you accountable for it. I don't recall you doing it--correct?! :stir:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #187
Benjammin Gartner

Profile:

Good job on the squatzos.....Think I might do that wod tonight.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #188
Mike Bishop

Profile:

Strong work on the squats. It is always fun when you have to yell to push our a rep and you get done, your face is beat red and your a seeing spots. Or at least that happens to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #189
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bishop View Post
Strong work on the squats. It is always fun when you have to yell to push our a rep and you get done, your face is beat red and your a seeing spots. Or at least that happens to me.
I was dizzy at the end!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #190
Matt Bahen

Profile:

and for the BS PRs Dude! Gotta get some veggie love for that!