CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
William Winger

Profile:
Stumbled across this blog today, called 'uncommonbody'. Looks like it just recently got started. Anyway they have a post giving 10 tips for recovering after exercise, which I thought was a good introduction to their blog.

Watch out though, another post is on the world's fattest man! [Gross picture.]

http://uncommonbody.blogspot.com/2006/09/top-10-ways-to-recover-after-physical.h tml
or the blog's main page, here:
http://uncommonbody.blogspot.com/

Note: this is NOT my blog, I am not advertising, and I would NOT have high hopes for this blog, though I hope it surprises me. Hopefully someone will find it useful/entertaining.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
"Even if you need to lose a good amount of body fat you should still be consuming at least 150-200 grams of carbs per day. Dropping carbs drastically will slow down your thyroid and testosterone production and cause losses in size and strength."

Don't agree with that...it all depends on your activities and goals. As there are plenty of strength athletes who go the high fat and protein route. It's a matter of what is your metabolism really burning all day....fat or carbs. Once you can dominantly switch to a fat burning metabolism...you wont need carbs all the time. Plus you can have days of high carb loading mixed in with lower carb days...so the statement is not 100% accurate.

Plus notice he stresses "Size" before strength....so it's obviously coming from a bodybuilder point of view.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
Peter Queen

Profile:
"Take Naps"
Yep, I'm all for that. I don't agree with the "up to an hour" part though. I'm not sure a full hour will matter or not. Taking the post workout protien shake with a shorter nap would be a good combination for recovery. Personally, If I am napping for more than 25 minutes though, I might as well go to bed.:yawn:
Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
William Winger

Profile:
I agree about naps, they're great.

I wish I could swing once-a-week massages, but that's not going to happen.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #5
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
I think after you take his advice on the post workout shake with 80grams of simple carbs.....you will need a nap in about an hour from the insulin crash....