CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Tom Woodward

Profile:
Most Ridiculous Hotel WOD

I was traveling for work last week and staying in one of those cookie cutter Hampton Inn Business Suites. Went down to the "fitness center" to explore and found 2 televisions, a treadmill, a recumbant bike, and some strange bowflex offshoot with bands. I slowly closed the door and returned to my room.

When I got back to my room, I started the crossfit wheels turning in my mind. Before I knew it I had stood the couch in my room on its end and moved a few lamps to make room for handstand pushups, set up the two bedside tables for l sits, and managed to work back lever on the underside of the desk. Then did a met con using the coffee table for overhead squats. I realized that if anyone walked in at that point, they'd fit me for a straight jacket.

I love CrossFit
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Danielle Benford

Profile:
Re: Most Ridiculous Hotel WOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woodward View Post
I was traveling for work last week and staying in one of those cookie cutter Hampton Inn Business Suites. Went down to the "fitness center" to explore and found 2 televisions, a treadmill, a recumbant bike, and some strange bowflex offshoot with bands. I slowly closed the door and returned to my room.

When I got back to my room, I started the crossfit wheels turning in my mind. Before I knew it I had stood the couch in my room on its end and moved a few lamps to make room for handstand pushups, set up the two bedside tables for l sits, and managed to work back lever on the underside of the desk. Then did a met con using the coffee table for overhead squats. I realized that if anyone walked in at that point, they'd fit me for a straight jacket.

I love CrossFit
I love it!

Way to get creative with your surroundings
Old 08-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Matt Bahen

Profile:

Quote:

I love CrossFit
VERY NICE!!

I wish I had half that much creativity! I'm gonna borrow some of your ideas the next time I'm traveling for work!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
George Mounce

Profile:

Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:

I love CrossFit
Now thats creative!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
Tom Woodward

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
A coffee table overhead squat pic would have made a good avatar. I'm just glad they didn't charge me for ceiling damage.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Jeff Yan

Profile:

If you're in a tall building, you can always do stair runs and burpees. Just make sure the building isn't too tall.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

I'm suprised the hotels at CF certs don't turn into some Rolling Stones meet Jack Lalane work out other worlds that have a vague Escher quality to them. Hanging ropes int he elevator shafts, deadlifting fully loaded luggage carts.

I'm going to a cert in FL, I'll try to get some pics of hotel workouts.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
Tom Woodward

Profile:

I tested the shower curtain rod for pullup stability, but the thing wouldn't have held a 2nd grader. Hotel rooms should come standard with a Melissa Byers shower curtain rod.

Also tried pullups on the bathroom door, but the top hinge started complaining.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Tom Woodward

Profile:

...while I'm confessing, I drank 6 mini milk cartons at the continental breakfast the next morning to supplement my gallon. There was a mixture of disgust and confusion among the others eating.