CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:58 AM   #1
Donald Woodson

Profile:

Do they want their kids to be vegetables? http://www.local6.com/news/3913357/detail.html
Old 11-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
Tanner Kolb

Profile:
it is disgusting what is going on in our world and were people are putting their priorities, you would think that this school would have bigger problems that an 11 year old girl doing cartwheels.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
Scott Kustes

Profile:
But the fat kid eating Twinkies at recess is so much safer!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #4
Brian Gibson

Profile:
That is ridiculous.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Barry Cooper

Profile:
The one that got me--non-fitness related--was the school district in Washington State that banned the celebration of Halloween because the negative portrayals of witches were offensive to the local Wiccan community.

In the defense of the school district here, though, there are a lot of sue-happy lawyers out there, and I have read of people breaking their necks doing simple gymnastics moves.

I think we're all supposed to live forever unless some evil corporate interest or non-precaution- taking public entity is guilty of some sort of malfeasance.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:43 PM   #6
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Yes, happy to say that's here in sunny So Cal!!
I was just talking to one of my daughter's coaches about this very thing and the fact that schools everywhere are removing their gymastics equipment like monkey bars, jungle gyms and bars because kids will get hurt. Meanwhile, my younger daughter was making like a monkey going across the bars so much her gymnastics teacher had to get her to move on!!!
In defense of lawyers, because I are one, as they said in Finding Nemo, "Birds gotta eat; fish gotta swim!"
Old 11-12-2004, 09:07 PM   #7
James R. Climer

Profile:
So the conlusion I am supposed to drive from the Nemo Quote is: "Lawyers gotta.....what?"
Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 PM   #8
James R. Climer

Profile:
Not looking for a fight here, just humor.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:08 AM   #9
Scott Kustes

Profile:
So the conlusion I am supposed to drive from the Nemo Quote is: "Lawyers gotta.....what?"
Chase ambulances? :lol: Just kidding Ron!

I myself have thought of being a lawyer. My Business Law professor told us the 2 rules of being a lawyer: 1) Get your money up front and 2) If someone's going to jail, make sure it's your client, not you.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:42 AM   #10
Donald Woodson

Profile:

OK, let's leave Shakespeare's Henry VI recommendation out of this.:wink:
We need lawyers to protect our right to independant thinking.
I'm more worried about todays youth. If this sort of thing goes too far, it could really hurt us as a nation.
Letting my imagination run rampant here, but what do you suppose would happen if for some magical reason our machines and chemicals, such as firearms, bombs, tanks, fighter jets, carriers, fast attacks and boomers etc. no longer worked. Then suppose we had to fight, say the Chinese or somebody Braveheart style. Just clubs and swords or hand to hand. I'd venture to say we'd get our butts kicked. I think most Americans wouldn't last two minutes in a fight like that. I'd even say the Iraqis would kick our butts. I look at the news footage of the Iraqis on TV, and can see that because of their poverty and spartan type lifestyles, that on the whole, the Iraqi's (and any non western peoples) are in much better shape than we are.
Almost a year ago, before I discovered the metamorphosis of Crossfit, I caught myself laying on the couch, complaining to myself that the remote was too far away to bother with changing the TV channel. Now THAT'S BAD! Most of the people I know are like that. Sit at desk jobs all day with sour attitudes, go home, eat dinner, and pass out on the couch watching the brain numbing crap on the tube.
We'd be in REAL trouble, don't you think?
If you ask me, Crossfit participation should be a federal law.