CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Hi Folks,

For anyone out in Santa Cruz the Thursday night before the seminar in Feb - Larry has graciously offered to teach a seminar for us at CrossFit Santa Cruz from 7-9 pm.

Larry is pretty humble here on the boards so if you don't know his background, and thus the extraordinary gift he is giving with this seminar, you can check out this bio on him: http://www.ronbalicki.com/info/history_lindenman.htm.

Larry is offering this free to all seminar participants. However, if you have an extra $15, all funds we raise will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - an organization which helped Larry's son directly a few years back and might now be helping another boy I know who is still in intensive care with leukemia. Local folks are welcome too and if you know of anyone wanting to learn something about Philipino martial arts or knive/stick/open hand fighting, invite them!

Contact me if you plan to come so I can keep a general sense of how many will be there. But if you didn't contact me and have nothing to do Thursday evening, come join the fun!

Beth
Old 01-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Douglas Chapman

Profile:
Beth,

This might conflict with the typical pre-seminar dinner and stuff.

Email Tony about it.

See you there.

Doug
Old 01-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Wow, great bio on Larry. I'll bring some sticks, and would love to bang sticks with Larry before, during, after...whenever.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
Tom Brose

Profile:
Im in! I may have to check a bag now.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Doug,

There has only been one single dinner in Colorado. And it wasn't dinner, it was drinks before dinner only for affiliates. And I haven't heard anything about this from Tony and have been in touch with Lauren, Coach, and Larry for weeks about the seminar. What has been traditional - at least for a the year and a half I have been attending - is the Saturday dinner.

Folks can do either one. Or some of both.

I, for one, am not going to pass up this chance to work with Larry. More than that, there will be outside folks coming. Guro Jon Ward, known internationally will be attending along with his some of his students (Inayan Eskrima - has a web site). Eugene has his own talents as well.

Beth
Old 01-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Tom and others - there will be some sticks and some practice knives available. If it is a hassle to bring your own, don't sweat. But if we get a huge group, we may need some. So if it is easy, bring stuff!

How is that?

Also, we might get Jonathan to treat us to some whip work at some point, so if you do whip work, bring your favorite whip. They are easier to get through carry on anyway! :rofl:
Old 01-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #7
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Doug,

I reread this a few hours later and realized I might have snapped at you a bit.

Sorry.

I am in a large amount of pain due to an acute ruptured disk in my low back (doc says it wasn't exercise and I am cleared for squats and anything CrossFit I can tolerate).

Anyway, the pain in making me really mean. My poor son is becoming extremely patient. Sorry.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Douglas Chapman

Profile:
Beth,

No problem. I am not that sensitive. You can kick me when you see me. :talker:

I would like to attend the pre training too. I didn't realize it was for affiliates only. I thought is was for everyone.

See you in Feb.

Doug
Old 01-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #9
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Don't know if we will get in in time, but I'm packing a stick just in case. Larry you have your work cut out for you if I can make it. I've been known to throw down my stick in the middle of a stick fight and resort to elbows and headbutts because "it was just in the way". 20 years, can't seem to get the range with a stick.:lol:
Old 01-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
You start with the head butts and you get to see my demo of sprinting technique! Everyone is welcome, any skill level, should be a good time.