CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Shaun Frankson
Member Shaun Frankson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam  BC Canada
Posts: 51
Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9ceulkVzsYOU MUST ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

This has a collection of video testimonials from the Crossfit Games, asking different Crossfitters about their diet.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 07-27-2009 at 04:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Spencer Fossier
Member Spencer Fossier is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Metairie  LA
Posts: 55
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Is that link WFS?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
Shaun Frankson
Member Shaun Frankson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam  BC Canada
Posts: 51
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Yes the link is WSF.

I always forget to put that in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Matthew Kloepfer
Member Matthew Kloepfer is offline
 
Matthew Kloepfer's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lake George  New York
Posts: 56
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Cool. I like that video. My favorite quote:
"Eat anything that had parents."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
Brett Dartt
Member Brett Dartt is offline
 
Brett Dartt's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tacoma  WA
Posts: 983
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

gee i wonder what everyone eats?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Shaun Frankson
Member Shaun Frankson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam  BC Canada
Posts: 51
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Wow what do you think of the youtube comment somebody put for this vid

"alexinjapan123 (14 hours ago) Show Hide

I've seen it. They're basically slower than Elite Sprinters, Weaker than Elite Olympic Weightlifters, have less Endurance than Elite Marathon Runners, are worse in gymnastics than Elite Gymnasts. But they are Elite in being so-so at everything."

I'd call a well rounded athlete elite. Pro sports is a good example for that.

Last edited by Shaun Frankson : 07-24-2009 at 11:16 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Noah Martin
Member Noah Martin is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Windsor  ON
Posts: 486
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

That is a really great video for hammering home what these guys eat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
Scott Clark
Departed Scott Clark is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2006
 
Posts: 507
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Frankson View Post
Wow what do you think of the youtube comment somebody put for this vid

"alexinjapan123 (14 hours ago) Show Hide

I've seen it. They're basically slower than Elite Sprinters, Weaker than Elite Olympic Weightlifters, have less Endurance than Elite Marathon Runners, are worse in gymnastics than Elite Gymnasts. But they are Elite in being so-so at everything."

I'd call a well rounded athlete elite. Pro sports is a good example for that.
Actually, that youtube comment is dead on. Even the top Crossfitter would be smoked if they were to randomly compete with trained athletes in those specific areas. However, Crossfit isn't about about being the best at everything, just being capable at everything.... which is a hell of a lot better in my view.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
Rachel Izzo
Member Rachel Izzo is offline
 
Rachel Izzo's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle  WA
Posts: 587
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Clark View Post
Actually, that youtube comment is dead on. Even the top Crossfitter would be smoked if they were to randomly compete with trained athletes in those specific areas. However, Crossfit isn't about about being the best at everything, just being capable at everything.... which is a hell of a lot better in my view.


Actually EXACTLY what I was thinking. If you're training for life, then yeah, CF is great, because it's the best all around fitness program. But it puts you average at everything, basically what that comment said. CrossFit won't help you specialize in anything; that takes specialization, which CF is against. Some people like that, others specialize. It's all up to the person ...
__________________
http://rizzoizzonator.blogspot.com/ (wfs for the most part)
http://artsyrizzo.blogspot.com/ (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
C James Barton
Member C James Barton is offline
 
C James Barton's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London  England
Posts: 370
Re: Video of Crossfit Diets done at the Crossfit Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Izzo View Post
Actually EXACTLY what I was thinking. If you're training for life, then yeah, CF is great, because it's the best all around fitness program. But it puts you average at everything, basically what that comment said.
I don't think that's fair. It makes you rubbish compared to someone who's trained specifically in one particular area. Compared to the general population, or your demographic peers, it should make you pretty good
__________________
CF Log
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CrossFit Games v's Regional/State Games? Scot Heyes Competitions 12 08-19-2009 05:32 AM
Top XFit Games Competitors Zone Diets Stuart Brauer Nutrition 4 11-14-2008 03:54 PM
Just read the CrossFit FAQ; How do high carb diets make you fat or weak? Paul Verstraaten Nutrition 27 12-06-2007 08:06 AM
2007 Crossfit games Crossfit total results Andy Wagner Community 6 12-04-2007 06:58 AM
Music in CrossFit Trainers - December Certification, CrossFit San Diego [video] Alicia Michel Community 1 12-20-2006 04:56 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.