CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
Greg Light

Profile:
Re: downtown Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Schubring View Post
And Greg, just noticed you are also in bham. Where's your garage?
I live right near market square at 14 and Southfield.... Back on Latham. What about you?

I should clarify, my "garage" is just my garage behind my house, nothing industrial or anything. Where are you working out at now?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
Eric Schubring

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
I live right near market square at 14 and Southfield.... Back on Latham. What about you?

I should clarify, my "garage" is just my garage behind my house, nothing industrial or anything. Where are you working out at now?
I assumed thats what you meant by "garage." I also have a similar setup. I'm at 14.5 and woodward. I have enough equipment for me to do any wod, and misc equipment to run a class of 8. My box is new species at 14 and crooks, great place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-19_21-03-46_841.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	8149  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
I assumed thats what you meant by "garage." I also have a similar setup. I'm at 14.5 and woodward. I have enough equipment for me to do any wod, and misc equipment to run a class of 8. My box is new species at 14 and crooks, great place.
Very nice. You east or west of woodward?

We'll have to get together for a workout one day.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
Eric Schubring

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
Very nice. You east or west of woodward?

We'll have to get together for a workout one day.
yes, I agree! I'm east of woodward, by adams.

Have you checked out bham ymca CF? There are affiliates popping up like every mile around here. Within 5 miles of my house I can get to 5 different boxes.

Last edited by Eric Schubring : 07-26-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #15
Jordan Levin

Profile:

Looking for another L1 CF Trainer. PM me.

www.crossfitbloomfield.com
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #16
Todd Wilcox

Profile:

Someone open one up Downtown, before the opportunity passes you by.

I'm sure it would do well with the business commuters and the young residents who continue to move down here daily.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
Eric Schubring

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wilcox View Post
Someone open one up Downtown, before the opportunity passes you by.

I'm sure it would do well with the business commuters and the young residents who continue to move down here daily.
I agree! I've looked at a few places in Detroit already. The cheap ones are crap and the decent ones are outrageously expensive. I'm actually looking at a warehouse inside the russel industrial center right off 75 at clay ave. It would be an awesome place for a box and give the "detroit" feel while being secure with 24/7 security.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
Jason David

Profile:

Quote:
I agree! I've looked at a few places in Detroit already. The cheap ones are crap and the decent ones are outrageously expensive. I'm actually looking at a warehouse inside the russel industrial center right off 75 at clay ave. It would be an awesome place for a box and give the "detroit" feel while being secure with 24/7 security.
I've always thought that right next to the rencen would be a great spot. One of those old abandoned buildings would be perfect but they all probably need a LOT of work. that spot would be great because anybody that leaves downtown by car would drive right past it - and if they didn't (like if they took the lodge home) it would still be pretty close. And walking distance from the rencen.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
Todd Wilcox

Profile:

Eric, just so you know there is already a gym inside that building, one that I happen to go to. I stumbled upon it while trying to find a crossfit gym down here. It is not crossfit but they do a lot of circuit training and body weight movements.

I walk/bike/run around the downtown area on a daily basis and I believe that if someone was serious about opening one it should be located in this area, not off the beaten path somewhere. I'm sure the right property is around here at the right price, it has to be. It would probably just take some effort to find, but I'm sure it exists.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
Eric Schubring

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
I've always thought that right next to the rencen would be a great spot. One of those old abandoned buildings would be perfect but they all probably need a LOT of work. that spot would be great because anybody that leaves downtown by car would drive right past it - and if they didn't (like if they took the lodge home) it would still be pretty close. And walking distance from the rencen.
Yeah that would be a great spot. And I know, I have to keep looking. I didn't think I would have a hard time finding a nice place for cheap with so many businesses going under the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wilcox View Post
Eric, just so you know there is already a gym inside that building, one that I happen to go to. I stumbled upon it while trying to find a crossfit gym down here. It is not crossfit but they do a lot of circuit training and body weight movements.

I walk/bike/run around the downtown area on a daily basis and I believe that if someone was serious about opening one it should be located in this area, not off the beaten path somewhere. I'm sure the right property is around here at the right price, it has to be. It would probably just take some effort to find, but I'm sure it exists.
Damn! This has been my luck lately. I don't want to create any competition, how close are they to CF and are they aware of CF fundamentals? If I like the place, I'll have to talk to them.