CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #21
Sunny Norwood

Profile:
Re: CrossFitters at Al Udeid, Qatar?

I'm not up for my next rotation there for awhile

I hope you found some workout partners. If not, I know some guys out there who wouldn't mind having workout partners.

-Sunny
Old 03-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

Booooo

That sucks to hear.

I'd appreciate the info of the other folks, or you can pass on my info (cdrocco@hotmail.com) if they want another person joining them.

Thanks for looking out!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #23
Nick Skirvin

Profile:

I'm still here at the 'Deid. I usually run in the morning at the BPC gym and do my CF workout in the afternoons at the gym at work, though I did Murph at the BPC gym yesterday morning because I need the gravitron for those pull-ups (which means, of course, that I don't use my vest for it).

I don't suppose the CC gym has bumper weights? I know the BPC doesn't. They have a lifting platform but have those awful plates with flat edges that make things like deadlift reps a giant pain in the ***.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #24
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skirvin View Post
I'm still here at the 'Deid. I usually run in the morning at the BPC gym and do my CF workout in the afternoons at the gym at work, though I did Murph at the BPC gym yesterday morning because I need the gravitron for those pull-ups (which means, of course, that I don't use my vest for it).

I don't suppose the CC gym has bumper weights? I know the BPC doesn't. They have a lifting platform but have those awful plates with flat edges that make things like deadlift reps a giant pain in the ***.
Got it!! I've never worked out at the CC gym, but i'm assuming if the BPC doesn't have it, CC will not either....booo

we'll have to meet up sometime...i know there are other CFers here, but they are "hiding" lol I'm off to get some laps in.....chat soon....

Carolyn
Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 AM   #25
Nick Skirvin

Profile:

Laps, as in the pool? I was swimming at the BPC pool in the mornings, but the water just got too damn cold for me, even after they "fixed" the heaters. Now I just run there, which is ok. I'm thinking about doing the 10k next week, but I might be out of town, so to speak. I was ****ed that I didn't do the St. Patrick's Day 5k because they had t-shirts and I love free stuff. If there's no t-shirt or other free swag, I will not run a race.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

Hey there! Yeah, laps as in laps in the pool. I did the tri last weekend and the water was too warm (in my opinion). I swam today and it was PERFECT! The problem may be fixed. I am also just getting back into swimming, but if you ever want to swim, let me know....I've got some waterproof workout books too.
I just signed up for a 1/2 Ironman in CA on 12 Sep, so i figured i needed to get back into the groove of tri training....i've been out of it for a year or so and think that was the break i needed b/c i'm excited about training again. Before, i was just burned out, you know?
Sorry to hear you missed the Shamrock run. What day is the 10K? I need to get back into those too....perhaps i'll see you there....
Old 04-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #27
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

2 more guys here at the Deid Crossfitting.....1030/1100ish at BPC....not sure if you read this and/or if you will be moving forward from here, but if you plan on sticking around for a while, think about doing group WODs (or at least helping this chica...lol)

if not, i'll keep on keepin on.......

cheers
carolyn
Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #28
George Myers

Profile:

Hey everyone! I'm headed to the "Deid" tomorrow and I'm looking to get into Cross-fit. This will be my first attempt but I'm wanting to do something different than the monotony of the weight routine. So there is a group doing it I would be happy to jump in for the next 6 months or so. Look forward to working out if this pans out.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #29
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

Hiya George!!!

I do not workout with an official CF group, but they ARE out there. We all seem to have work schedules that don't allow for a set time, but i'm sure once you get into a routine (after a week or so of being here...gotta adjust to the time difference), you will find those that CF. So, here's an early welcome to the Deid. Let us us know what your schedule is like once you arrive and we'll go from there....

Cheers
Carolyn
Old 04-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #30
Nick Skirvin

Profile:

Hi, George. I'm also here at the Deid. M-F I pretty much do my workouts at the gym at work, but on Saturdays and Sundays I usually hit up the BPC gym.

Welcome to the land of glow belts. I think mine's in my desk at work...kind of lost track of the little rascal, though.