CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 07-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
Lei Fei

Profile:
Re: Davenport, IA

I'll be moving to Burlington, IA mid August and am looking for fellow CFer's in the area...I know Davenport is almost 2 hours away...do you guys know if there's anyone closer or if there are any facilities recommended for CF near Burlington?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #12
John Appelbaum

Profile:

I am moving to the Muscatine area in late Aug. I will for sure be in contact with you. I think we will only be about 30 minutes away from Davenport.

John
Old 07-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
Robert Clarke

Profile:

Sorry for the super late responses. I thought this thread had died and I just came to give it a fresh bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei Fei View Post
I'll be moving to Burlington, IA mid August and am looking for fellow CFer's in the area...I know Davenport is almost 2 hours away...do you guys know if there's anyone closer or if there are any facilities recommended for CF near Burlington?
Hmm don't know what's near that at all. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Appelbaum View Post
I am moving to the Muscatine area in late Aug. I will for sure be in contact with you. I think we will only be about 30 minutes away from Davenport.

John
Awesome!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #14
Jake Brown

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clarke View Post
The average person I'd say does it about 3-4 days a week at Palmer. Myself and a few others keep to the 3 days on 1 day off. We do it in the Palmer gym.

Luckily a faculty member is big into crossfit and influenced the student activities director to give some $ for some equipment. Since it has become popular we should be getting a bunch of new equipment next trimester. *fingers crossed*

How often do you guys work out?
Hey Robert, I graduated from Palmer in June 06 and now I'm in rural IL (Pike county) I didn't know about crossfit while I was in school but I've been obsessed for the last 2 months since I found it.

Which faculty member is into crossfit? Juering? I'll be there for homecoming this week, maybe we could meet up. I'm eager to head back to the gym and get a crossfit style WO!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
Robert Clarke

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Brown View Post
Hey Robert, I graduated from Palmer in June 06 and now I'm in rural IL (Pike county) I didn't know about crossfit while I was in school but I've been obsessed for the last 2 months since I found it.

Which faculty member is into crossfit? Juering? I'll be there for homecoming this week, maybe we could meet up. I'm eager to head back to the gym and get a crossfit style WO!
Wow once again I forget to check it! I would have loved to rock a few out with ya! Maybe talk some shop too?

It was Dr. Toby Scott. I can't recall if he was there in 06 or not. He taught the PT 1 and 2 labs.

If you're in the area shoot me a PM and I'll see what we can do.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:10 AM   #16
Lei Fei

Profile:

You guys think you can add me to the distribution when putting together a planned WOD? I'll make the trip if possible.
my email is leithefei@gmail.com
Old 08-16-2008, 04:54 AM   #17
Jason Gipper

Profile:

Hey Robert, I'm originally from the Independence area. I've been stationed in Okinawa, Japan for 2 years and I'm coming home in the end of September for a few weeks. I want to find some Crossfitters at home that I could work out with while I'm there.

Let me know.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
Daniel T. Payne

Profile:

Hey guys, this is my first post as I just signed up last night. I'm currently in the Marine Corps stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. One of the guys I work with got me turned onto Crossfit about two months ago. Since then I've done sporadic WODs with him, and over the past two weeks really started getting in to it. Anyways, I love it and I'm getting out mid September and moving back home (Rock Island). Obviously I've searched for an affiliate in the QC area and came up empty handed as you all know already. For those that do it at Palmer, do you have to be a student or alum to use the facilities?? I would assume so, which sucks for me. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself to the QC crossfit community and I look forward to the challenge of trying to do crossfit back home.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 AM   #19
Robert Clarke

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei Fei View Post
You guys think you can add me to the distribution when putting together a planned WOD? I'll make the trip if possible.
my email is leithefei@gmail.com
If we get a hopper going maybe we could all meet in a park or something. I'll keep the email for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gipper View Post
Hey Robert, I'm originally from the Independence area. I've been stationed in Okinawa, Japan for 2 years and I'm coming home in the end of September for a few weeks. I want to find some Crossfitters at home that I could work out with while I'm there.

I'm game for anything!

Let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel T. Payne View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post as I just signed up last night. I'm currently in the Marine Corps stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. One of the guys I work with got me turned onto Crossfit about two months ago. Since then I've done sporadic WODs with him, and over the past two weeks really started getting in to it. Anyways, I love it and I'm getting out mid September and moving back home (Rock Island). Obviously I've searched for an affiliate in the QC area and came up empty handed as you all know already. For those that do it at Palmer, do you have to be a student or alum to use the facilities?? I would assume so, which sucks for me. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself to the QC crossfit community and I look forward to the challenge of trying to do crossfit back home.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the gym is for faculty/students/alums. Bettendorff has Camp Militich (sp?) and I'm pretty sure they have just about everything a xfitter needs.

I think we should organize a weekend wod. Could be a great time.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #20
John Appelbaum

Profile:

I am in for a group workout! I will be officially moved into the pearl of the Mississippi, Muscatine IA on 9/13/08. I will be there on the weekends till then getting the house ready.