CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Robert Clarke

Profile:
Davenport, IA

Hi all.

I was wondering if there were any crossfitters in the area?

We have fairly large group of people at Palmer Chiropractic that do crossfit like workouts and a pretty small group of us that are very serious about it.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Scot Roeder

Profile:
Re: Davenport, IA

My friend and I do crossfit in his garage at the moment. We live in Fulton IL. About 45 min north of Dav. We are hoping to someday get certified and open a place for crossfiters around here. How often do you all crossfit? And where?
Old 06-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Robert Clarke

Profile:

The average person I'd say does it about 3-4 days a week at Palmer. Myself and a few others keep to the 3 days on 1 day off. We do it in the Palmer gym.

Luckily a faculty member is big into crossfit and influenced the student activities director to give some $ for some equipment. Since it has become popular we should be getting a bunch of new equipment next trimester. *fingers crossed*

How often do you guys work out?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Scot Roeder

Profile:

We try to do about the same. 3 days on 1 off. We have only been doing this for a couple of months. And I was real sick for a awhile and not able to workout.
All we have for equipment now are a couple jump ropes,olimpic weights with a 45lbs bar and verious dumbells,a pullup station,wrestling mats, resistent bands,and a couple of heavy bags for some boxing and other workouts we do.
At the moment we can't afford to get any equipment since work is so slow. We both work at John Deere davenport works.
Do anybody do the zone diet?
Old 06-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #5
Robert Clarke

Profile:

I have no clue about that. Personally I try to keep close to the paleo diet. My friends who usually do most of the wods with me don't even bother trying.

We're fairly lucky on our equipment. A squat rack, 2 bars with rubber plates, 3 pull up bars, 2 sets of elite rings, 2 dynamix med balls, C2 model c rower, full set of kettlebells, 4 jump boxes, and a few other things.

Over our summer break I'm hopefully going to have a sled built as well.

You guys have your own rubber bouncers? Lucky. They're sooo expensive.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
Scot Roeder

Profile:

Nope. The weights are all steel plate. I am hoping to get a set of rubber plates in the next few months hopefully. You guys have quite a bit of stuff. How long you all been doing crossfit? Do you do the WOD's full on or do you have to RX some of them?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Robert Clarke

Profile:

I started in November and never looked back. I'm able to do most of the wods as rx'd but a few I still scale because I'm working on keeping my form throughout the entire workout.

Yeah we're pretty fortunate (esp because I didn't have to pay for any of it heh) and I just found out we have a 500# tire coming our way and a couple new pull up bars.

How about you guys? Do you scale the wods or plow right through them?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
Scot Roeder

Profile:

We scale most of the workouts.We don't have a track that we can do are running at so it makes kind of hard to do some of those. We are going to be getting a constuction measuring wheel soon so we can mark out 400 and an 800m run. Where did you guys find the tire? We would love to have one of those.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #9
Robert Clarke

Profile:

I went to Home Depot and picked up a 30m tape for $15. I'm going to map out exacty 200m and 400m from the school today! Prior to the tape I used maymyrun to roughly gauge the distance.

You can find tires from farmers, tire stores, factories, construction companies, etc. Anywhere that would use larger sized tires. Most places will give you them for free. It costs them $ to have them recycled so if they can just give it away it saves them cash and you get a free tire.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Mark Talbot

Profile:

A buddy of mine and I do crossfit workouts as well in the Quad City Area. I went to Augustana and he currently still does. Would love to meet up with you guys for some intense WOD.