CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 12-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
Chet Morjaria

Profile:
Re: London Crossfitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Lavin View Post
Hi

I'm based in south London, near croydon, which I guess make it Surrey as well.. Been to three of the CF London Seminars and would be interested in meeting up with people for an occasional WOD. I rarely do the daily WOD's now, probably once a fortnight.. Doesn't seem to fit with my in season sports training. But my training is still Crossfit based in a commercial gym enviroment. PM me if anyone has plans.

Richard, Crawly is a bit far for a regular session but I'd love to see about training with you for a few sessions. I'll drop you a mail.

Ger
Hi mate

I'm the same - I'm not often doing the WODs, and if I am its usually a couple of days "late". I would also be interested in meeting up on some sort of semi-regular basis for a WOD or two....

Cheers

Chet
Old 12-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
Chet Morjaria

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Paul Ham-Williams View Post
not quite london (crawley, west sussex, next to gatwick airport) but I run a very Crossfit friendly studio for all my clients, classes do run but are quiet as most of my work is personal training but anyone is welcome to come down on a pay as you go basis.

check out www.hamsfitness.com and the blog for pics, workouts and an idea of what goes on in here

enjoy and perhaps see some of you soon

Ham
Hi Richard, how are you?

Hope you had a good Xmas.

Well...it seems that there are a fair few of us that could meet and would like to meet.

What about setting a date where we all head over to Richards place so we can meet each other face to face, have a workout and a chat, and take it from there?

Would that be OK with you Richard?

What do you reckon guys?

Cheers

Chet
Old 12-31-2007, 05:19 AM   #13
Chris Barclay

Profile:

hey guys
i might be able to join you too - I live in Mid Essex but am in croydon quite a bit at the moment for work so if it was at a convenient time i could come and join in.

Good to see more UK activity going on. Now all we need is a decent source for the kit...
Old 12-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
Chet Morjaria

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barclay View Post
hey guys
i might be able to join you too - I live in Mid Essex but am in croydon quite a bit at the moment for work so if it was at a convenient time i could come and join in.

Good to see more UK activity going on. Now all we need is a decent source for the kit...
Hi Chris

Sounds good mate. Keep an eye on this thread, hopefully we can work something out soon

Cheers

Chet
Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #15
Chris Barclay

Profile:

will do Chet
Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
Leon Robotham

Profile:

We definitely need a more cost effective way to get kit, although I've recently purchased a couple of CF Pendlay Bars from Werksanusa and the bars + shipping have worked out better than if I was to buy here.

If it's a bar you need contact Leo Trotten, he's a great guy and happy to help.

Ahmik Jones aka Doc of CFSocal is also another good contact for equipment, rings especially, great service and arrive especially fast.

Sorry to come off topic.

Back on track, I've a sister in Richmond who I plan to visit more often and would be keen on the same to meet up with more like minded people.

If you guys like to travel around the place you could just do a CFUK road trip and hit Sussex, Bristol, London, Derby, Manchester, Kempie and I in Newcastle, Ian Malone in Newcastle as well and then up to sunny Scotland to visit Davie.

I'm sure that would be very enjoyable and you'd get to experience the best part of the country ..... The North East.. well Newcastle upon Tyne!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:04 AM   #17
Chris Barclay

Profile:

Leon - Good skills - I tried to get some kit from Glenn a while back but couldn't get a response from him (to be fair I didn't call just em'd) - how did the shipping work out? - I'm in the market for some bumpers and it would be great to get them from Glenn.

Will be up in Scotland in Feb for 3 weeks but unfortunately will be in Aberdeen - not likely to be anywhere near M/well.

PS - how many Muscle Ups you up to now?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #18
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Hey Chris

Sorry for the late reply, I'm working full time and I've also teamed up with Chris Kemp to run CFNEE so as you can imagine it's a busy life!

Glenn and Ahmik had problems with shipping (too exp I think) so I was referred to Leo at werksanusa 2 bars and 2 x 20kg bumpers inc shipping to uk was just shy of $795..... Pure bargain!

Not sure on the M/Us I think I can roll through 8 without turning the rings out at the bottom..... i'm only short a couple of degrees ROM but still need to work it hard. It's on the to do list. At the moment i'm doing as much as I can when I can and basically ticking over but it's all in the name of the greater good!

What about you?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #19
Jason Williams

Profile:

Seems like there's a lot of interest in the area. I'm crossing my fingers that we can get something going.

I'm here now, and have been checking out gyms in the area. I'm finding that most of them are not very CF friendly. Many gyms don't even have a decent selection of freeweights, and I've yet to see a pullup bar in any of them. Do gyms around here even have pullup bars?

Help! I can't go back to working out like a "normal" person

I'd be up for meeting at Richard's place, but it's 1.5 hours away from where I'm staying, and it's not a commute I'd be willing to make on a regular basis.

Last edited by Jason Williams : 01-05-2008 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #20
Jason Williams

Profile:

In the absence of regular meets, here are a couple of gyms I'm looking at to perform CF. Anybody have recommendations?

http://www.jubileehallclubs.co.uk/jh...vent_intro.htm

http://www.sohogyms.com/index.php?page=waterloo

(safe links)

Last edited by David Wood : 01-06-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added "safe" designation. Jason, please remember to do this.