CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 AM   #31
Mike Gonnason

Profile:
Re: Alaska Crossfitters

Busy Body out near the Diamond Center has some Kettle Bells for the cheapest I have seen yet.

I hope the that crossfit facility works out...
Old 04-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #32
Christian Black

Profile:

Has anyone talked to or know the guys opening the Anchorage CrossFit?
I emailed them last week from their website bout drop-in rates for us "country crossfitters" when we are visiting the city, no reply yet. I do know that they are waiting for their bumper plate order just like us from busy body fitness.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #33
Thomas Pehrson

Profile:

It looked like a pretty decent size facility from the outside. They were closed when I went by - I was only in town for a day. The CF League idea sounds interesting.

Christian did you or your buddy make it over here? We finally got the kettlebells, we're trying to find a way to rig the rings.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #34
Christian Black

Profile:

I got a reply from Clay with Crossfit Anchorage.
Quote:
I am a firefighter in Anchorage as well the gym owner. We have not decided on a drop in rate as of yet. We hope to open in early May. Let me know when you will be in town and we will certainly work it out to get you in for a fix.

Clay
As for getting to Juneau, I haven't but two of the guys from here have and they partied too much to think about working out. I've given them a hard time about it.
Right now we are working on the State Firefighter Conference in September 22-27 and seeing how may of us can attend in Juneau
http://www.2008asfaconference.org/

Do you guys have a sign that congratulates people for flipping a tire? How big is that tire?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #35
Clay Hamilton

Profile:

Hey guys,

Clay Here from CROSSFIT ALASKA. I wanted to say hi and invite all of you to stop by anytime to check our place out. We don't officially open until May 5 but we are there most every day now. We are very excited about filling the need of Crossfiters in Alaska. I hope you all know about Crossfit league? It is going to be a great time to get together with the crossfit community and have some fun competitions. We will begin the league shortly after we open and crown the first true Crossfit Alaskan! I hope to see you and your team there. Please visit our website at www.revolutionsportstraining.com for more infomation on the league and our entire facility.

Clay Hamilton
Owner/manager/Trainer
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #36
Mike Gonnason

Profile:

I went by Crossfit Anchorage on Saturday with the Girlfriend, and the place seems really nice, although small. Small is perfectly understandable though, plus you can always expand as needed. Much harder to do the opposite without losing money.

I got an intro to using rings to do pullups there and learned what a false grip is for/how it is done. I don't have access to a pullup bar at home so my lats are rather sore atm (only did 5, amazing to me), but it feels great. He covered proper form, kipping and how you do a muscle-up when you get strong enough.

The guys running the place seemed very knowledgeable and down to earth. No intimidation there at all.

Now I am trying to decide if I should pay up for 3 months and see how it goes!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #37
Thomas Bailly

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Alaska Crossfitters

Signed up. Tony is a top notch coach with plenty of knowledge and know how to pass it on. Facility is great, quality equipment, quality instruction. These guys have the right attitude.Highly recommended.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #38
Michael Houghton

Profile:

Ok, so I'm in California, but will be up in Girdwood in June. 7th-15th. I would love to get at least 2 days in up there! My mom works at the Alyeska resort. It's cool to see someone else that does CrossFit there! My brother lives in Homer, so I'll get together with some of you up there too, hopefully. Let me know if this is a possibility. I would like to visit the gym in Anchorage as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #39
Ivan Wolfe

Profile:

Just got into Homer.

I hate flying.

I will be at the Homer High Gym most MWF 6:30 - 8 a.m. Hopefully, at some point I'll drop by and say high to the guys at the Fire Dept.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #40
Sami Palmer

Profile:

anyone in juneau alaska have a crossfit set up ?