CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #21
Michael Dykstra

Profile:
Re: Any Grand Rapids, MI CFers out there

I didn't even know they considered moline a town.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #22
Steve Kooistra

Profile:

I actually don't think they do. There is no government or even a traffic light. But we do have the softball fields and the farmers mill.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #23
Chris Chaplow

Profile:

Michael,

How is that old Steelcase gym coming along. I might be over in that part of town on a daily basis coming up and will need a place to work out. I have rings, parallettes, C2 rower, bands and I'm in the process of getting a bar and bumper plates. I also have one KB(55lb), a good bench and a full set(5-70) of hex dumbbells with rack.

Chris

Last edited by Chris Chaplow : 11-08-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #24
Michael Dykstra

Profile:

Pretty good. Once the construction is done I will be building pull up bar and getting some rings. Then I also thinking about building a lifting platform or 2. I have all the basic bars and stuff. I have been looking at getting a rower and maybe some new bars. Send me a pm and we can work something out. Simon and I have have been getting together to do WODs. I guess he has a pretty cool setup at his place. I need to go over there and check it out.

Last edited by Michael Dykstra : 11-08-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #25
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

Hi, shortly after the holidays I am opening up "CrossFit Grand Rapids." It will be located at 850 Pannell NW in Grand Rapids (near Alpine and Ann). My uncle owns Enterprise Iron & Metal. The gym will be located in a 28x34 room inside Enterprise. We will be using the east gate (closest to Alpine), you'll see fresh blacktop running from Pannell to a cement slab which is just outside the gym.
This will be an official CrossFit affiliated gym. The purpose of the gym is CrossFit training. With that said, I will also be teaching private fighting lessons. The CrossFit Grand Rapids web page will be posted real soon. Any questions or comments you can e-mail me at armstrong911@att.net or call me at 616-916-7210.
Brandon Armstrong
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #26
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

Matt, I have been talking with Doug Chapman and he mentioned your name. Sounds like you are getting things rolling in Detroit. I'm doing the same over here in Grand Rapids. I'll me opening sometime after the holidays. If you ever want to reach me...armstrong911@att.net or 616-916-7210.

Brandon Armstrong
Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #27
Paul Mirek

Profile:

YAY! A place for me to go when I need to get out of my parents' hair when I am visiting. Please let me know what the drop-in fee would be at this new Grand Rapids location. I would be coming in from Grand Haven on weekends usually, so it would be nice to see some early morning Saturday hours or something like that. Thanks again for informing us of this potential.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:47 AM   #28
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

Paul,
I am a computer dork, a couple days ago I sent you a reply by pushing the "quote" button and now this is my third attempt to get this message to you (I had to re-write it every time!)
When I first open I don't know if I will even allow drop-ins. I want to make sure that I have all the equipment available for any particular WOD to every full-timer working out. I will limit my class size at first to accomplish this. If there is an open slot, then I'll probably allow someone to drop-in. The drop-in fee will be...lets say...$15. I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I don't want to overextend myself and my full-timers will be my top priority. When the gym is up-and-running, the answer to your drop-in question could easily change.
As far as the hours go...when the gym first opens it will probably only be open during the weekdays in the evening for a couple of hours. Once I have some people who show motivation and that I feel I can trust, I may ask them to be trainers. I already have some friends/possible trainers in mind right now, but I haven't made any formal arrangements with anyone yet. Once I get a few trainers, then I see the hours increasing.
Well, that's the best I can give you right now.

Brandon
(616-916-7210 or armstrong911@att.net)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 AM   #29
Brandon Armstrong

Profile:

I just published the "CrossFit Grand Rapids" site to the web. You can get there right now by typing in www.crossfitgr.com. Some people had asked me questions earlier and I answered them the best I could at the time. You may want to check out the site to see if things have changed.
The biggest change is instead of having classes starting at the top of the hour, I am going to have open gym hours. I believe this will be more convenient for people. Of course, a trainer will be there at all times.

Brandon (616-916-7210)
Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #30
Michael Dykstra

Profile:

Hey brandon one suggestion, you should change the red text. It is hard on the eyes.