CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
Joe Gomez

Profile:
Re: Anyone using the Nutribullet ?

thanks for the replys, its a pretty cool little blender, so far so good
Old 08-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
Greg Pack

Profile:

Late to the thread but I have a magic bullet blender, the little brother to the nutribullet. i use it several times daily for grinding my coffee, blending coconut oil into my coffee, and blending protein drinks with ice. I drop a few frozen strawberries in with my vanilla protein mix and it makes a nice strawberry smoothie. For the money, it works great. There is a nice package that is about $45 at costco. My $300 vitamix blender stays in the cupboard most of the time.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #13
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Love my Nutribullet. Had a GE Rocket Blender, but that thing was way underpowered and the containers were too small.

Got mine on sale for about $65 after doing a deal alert on slickdeals.net. Then ordered an extra big container off the nutribullet site. Wife and I use it every day.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Yep! Works well for simple things, like a smoothie.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #15
Jose Soriano

Profile:

I've had a Magic Bullet forever now. The little thing is awesome. It's funny to see it re-marketed as a "Nutri" bullet.

Anyway, it's a great little machine, but there's some flaws that I hope they worked out in the new version, but I doubt it.

First off, insert it quickly, push down ALL THE WAY and remove it quickly. If you don't, and you linger on the insertion and removal, it may grind the threads that spin it down to nothing. I have one blade that's worthless now. Second is, you may have to be patient. Due to the limited space, it grinds mostly the bottom stuff, and there isn't as much on top to weigh down and get to the blades. You may find yourself shaking it to get the larger chunks down to the bottom. This is especially true if you're just doing something like fruits and veggies with no liquid to help slosh things around.

These 2 things aside, it's a great little blender, and I recommend it fully.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #16
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Soriano View Post
I've had a Magic Bullet forever now. The little thing is awesome. It's funny to see it re-marketed as a "Nutri" bullet.

Anyway, it's a great little machine, but there's some flaws that I hope they worked out in the new version, but I doubt it.

First off, insert it quickly, push down ALL THE WAY and remove it quickly. If you don't, and you linger on the insertion and removal, it may grind the threads that spin it down to nothing. I have one blade that's worthless now. Second is, you may have to be patient. Due to the limited space, it grinds mostly the bottom stuff, and there isn't as much on top to weigh down and get to the blades. You may find yourself shaking it to get the larger chunks down to the bottom. This is especially true if you're just doing something like fruits and veggies with no liquid to help slosh things around.

These 2 things aside, it's a great little blender, and I recommend it fully.
It's not re-marketed...it's a different product by the same company. The biggest difference is the motor. 600W for the nutri and 250W for the magic. There's also a 900W nutri-bullet.

The higher power motor helps eliminate the "only grinding bottom stuff" problem you are facing. It creates a much better vortex.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #17
Jose Soriano

Profile:

That's pretty good then, but how does that affect the grinding of the catches? Or have those been improved too? If so, I may pick one up, it's a great little machine.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
Joe Gomez

Profile:

Guys, make sure to pop off the rubber seal on the blade portion about every 2-3 uses, it can get ugly and smelly real quick.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #19
Jack Patterson

Profile:

The best Money I have ever spent. Well besides my crossfit membership!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #20
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Gomez View Post
really no one?????
roomie had one and it seemed to work well! Way to small for my fat butt though