CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #521
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

Monday-
Warm up 3 sets of 10 reverse ghd
4 sets of :30 sec planks
3 sets of 10- strict hspu
3 row x500 meters- all 1:45 pace
Death by C2B- 5,6,7,8,9,10 all easy need to shave my hands
3x400 run- 1:30, 1:22, 1:17
50 bar facing burpees 3:40 time

1 hour mobility class

feel good.. ready to do a bit more.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #522
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Tuesday-
Warm up back ext, t2b,wall balls, row..

60 cal row- 2:53
50 T2B- 10,9,8,7,6,4,2,1,1,1
40 Wall balls- 25,15
7:30 seconds
rest 2 min 2 muscle ups every 30 seconds for a total of 8.

Strict press- all x5- 45,65,75,85,95,105,115,125

Back squat- 125,135,145,255,165,175

Light dead lifts- up to 175..
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #523
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Stomach bug.. out Wed and Thursday. Going in today Friday to do a little sweat.. not much.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #524
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Friday-
5 sets of 10 reverse back extensions on the GHD
5 sets of :30 planks
3x12 ub strict hspu
3x10 ub strict pull ups
50 or so weak leg step ups to 30"

After the sickness down to 176 lbs..
Old 01-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #525
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Saturday..
Warm up row, wb, reverse ghd..

EMOM- 30 min
1st min- 12 reverse GHD
2nd min- :30 plank
3rd min- 10 30# wall balls
4th min -10 CTB
5th min- 250 meter Row
6th min- 10 alternating pistols
7th min- 10 T2B
8th min- 30 un broken double unders
9th min- 10 burpees to 6" target
10th min- 5 kb 35# rows each arm..

Muscle up practice- 5 of them for form.

Long workout but so much rest.. might do that one again bumping up reps and working times each min.

Happy about the pistols in Nano's.. first for me.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #526
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Sunday-
Warm up planks and reverse GHD..
3x10
3x :40 planks
3x 15 pvc oh squats

S2O-
45,75,95,125,155,175,195,215,235 easy split jerk.. then 245 push press.. feet were stick in cement.

Warm up muscle ups..

3 rounds
10 MU
10 burpees to a 6" target
9:10 RX

Very happy about that workout.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #527
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Monday-
Warm up wall balls, reverse GHD and hsw.

Metcon Chipper
100 du- un broken
50 wall balls 20#- 32/18
30 pu- un broken
10 burpees- ub
100 sit ups ub- 4 min
10 burpees- ub
30 pull ups- 20/10
50 wall balls- 15/12/11/12
100 du- 50/25/25
13:38

lung burner.. wished that I went un broken on the double unders.. pussed out..
Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 AM   #528
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

worked on the house Tuesday.. day off 4 days prior workouts. Happy with the progress both house and back repair. Speaking of that got to mobilize.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #529
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Hello my name is Vic McQuaide and I am a stubborn man. I got if at birth. I don't think that I approved of how my parents kept my diaper.. I potty trained myself before 1.5 years. I am a perfectionist, obsessed, suffer from addiction in love, fantasy and drinky drink… don't worry I am years away from most all of my bad demons. I am not the best speller but make up for it with being a high class word smith. I can combine words in a nano second. Speaking of Nano's… I own 30 pairs. So here is the reason for the blog.. I feel that I can learn from writing and you can either be amused by reading or learn a thing or two about my mistakes. Music moves thru me… a song goes thru my mind like a scene in a movie… Its too late baby its too late, Your gonna pay tomorrow.. when you are my age 46 and do a sport at a very high level.. you have to put in more time fixing something that is not broken.. slogans like If its not broke don't fix it doesn't pertain to Crossfit. Its rather the opposite. You have to do a preemptive attack.. meaning keeping mobile, listening to your body, don't pay with the youngsters if you don't have to. I am stretching as we speak.. that is part of writing my blog.. I have to mobilization while I do this. I have a current problem with my back.. hurt it while warming up to play against the young bucks.. it was not the event that did me in.. well that is what I say to myself.. It was the prep leading to it. I had to get to where I could do 7 un broken S2O reps with 225# just after running a speedy 400 meter followed by a 45' walk with the weight overhead.. don't you dare put the weight down *****.. just walk. Needs a stable core and even bigger mind. Then you do 225# cleans 7 reps followed by walking back in the front rack position followed by a 225# front squat 7 reps.. yes don't you dare put that down.. the reward for that is a legless 18' rope climb… That was one of 9 workouts in the weekend. Rewind 24 hours.. hurt my back during a snatch warm up.. that was the best thing that happened all year.. sound funny but sad. My muscles were so tight that my hip power was declining, thighs, hamstrings, buttocks, hips were all getting tighter.. while my lower back was taking up the slack. Enter the 175# power snatch.. hit it so easy my breath left me.. felt like an acordian (sp?) lengthened then when it was on the eccentric phase it did not fold back right. This was not the first time that I did this.. a lot worse 9 years ago. Hurt for over a year. Took time off doing virtually what the doc's advise… rest is the enemy. After the injury I had to pony up for the team and do my 2 reps of 185# snatch.. two in a row.. did the first one easy.. did not rest much and tried for the #2.. fail, #3 fail, #4 hit and by the grace of God #5 hit.. ran off in shame. Without the injury would have gotten the 200# for 2.. whoopee.. really who cares.. well you know I do. Sorry just got back from putting a lacrosse ball on my sore ***.. followed by a 25# dumbbell on top of it.. let your muscle relax and let it sink in.. a felling you won't soon forget. Don't worry you get used to it or it meaning your muscles get stronger. Add more weight then wossy.. Funny thing at the Throwdown I was feeling near the best I have felt in a while with being at a light weight 179#. Injury was on day 2 lucky that it worked out that I did not have to do much that Sunday.. goal was to do my best and not get injured for the Wodapolluza in Miami.. I was chopping at the bit to get to those near wheelhouse 7 of 9 workouts. Movement RX, rest, keeping mobile was getting ready for the Miami.. so much fun promised by my mind who was ready to unleash my passion on South Beach 45 year plus division. I am such a girl and like to color coordinate outfits to match-y match-y…. Miami.. pinks, purple, yellow, Vice colors.. I over packed my big Yellow and Black Games bag.. Did I mention that I got 4th place in my rookie games appearance.. "Good Job" love what the director in the movie "Whiplash" said about that… learned that 4th place you got nothing… well I am blessed by having a box, family, friends who came and supported me.. that was so cool, humbling, fun, felt not worthy.. but first got 10k, second got 5k and 3rd got 3k.. I was 1 point out of first after 5 workouts.. then going into the last workout in 3rd.. just had to beat the Swedish Break dancing, acting, gym owner Karl Dyal…. he is one cool dude. My sister who speaks Swedish has a crush on him.. Beast of a dude.. pulled 495# dead at 180 lbs.. gave 515 a go. He smoked me in the last workout and took the last podium spot. The podium was lost in the 5 workouts that I did not fall over after the workout was over… did I mention that I don't or can't fall over after the workout. I just walk around slowly, twitch all over, slow things down slowly, breath.. 10 min later I am ready to go. I love that they have many workouts at the Games. Wish that they did the hard individual games workouts.

Back from more mobile- icing.. watching Sweet November.. reminds me of me 5 plus years ago. Did not know anything about life while thinking I knew everything about life. Met the OGLOML.. Original Love of my life Reese Mancillas. We are nesting right now.. she is a little weary and triggered about me starting a new venture on the internet.. don't blame her. I am a good boy.. but have had my problems in the past.
Time is Money.. well that is true.. but not doing the time is going to be the money. Some serious mobility, keeping the race car tuned will keep you out of the chiro, mobility person, massage therapy, sauna, pool well you should swim more anyway… my mind wanders.. acupunctureist.. all of the above to fix you.

Take it to the limit, I say… Take it to the limit one more time..

Well that might be good for the last swan song.. but I have 20 more games to go to.. my old coach said you want to be the best…. just do it forever you will finally win.. Taking it to the limit.. I bet I could do 60 un broken hspu's.. but do I really need to do it.. I can do weighted pistols with the 53#kb 5 in a row each leg.. but they don't even do it in the games yet. How much do you need to take it to the limit. Would it not be better to do 185# s2o leaning to cycle fast rather than the 225# crushing your body to hang with the big boys. Take Bill Grundler.. that is my goal to beat.. he is the best over 45 guy period. Well prior to his tearing the knee on the dropping off the legless while playing with the big boys at last years regionals. What are the chances that the 45 year old tears his ACL joint while doing the regionals.. very good. Inspiration for sure.. how many guys do surgery in the off season.. what cross fit has an off season?

Bat-mobility.. just got some more..

Is this really how it goes when I train to take on the youngsters… maybe yes.. Admitting the problem is the start. What happens if someday I make the regionals.. strike that they do the super regionals now.. fehw… feels better now.

I will post next the shot of the life time. Wrist pain and injury that keeps you way from front squat, super heavy squat cleans, thrusters, S2O, hand stand walks, hspu, muscle ups.. don't worry it was just for 5 months out of last year leading up to the Open.. do we even do those types of movements? Funny thing..

Back to I have fallen and can't get up..
Back to Wed morning 2:13AM plane leaves for Miami at 12:45PM.. in 10 hours… I wish that I had a life alert button.. took me 20 + min to get up.. My back was so locked up had to call my coach and sponsors and tell them I could not go. They were waiting for me in Miami… was a 200# phone to pick up. But if I went I would have done the workouts in great pain but I am warrior.. would have messed up my Open, Masters Qual and Games prep.

White Masters can't jump… split jerk… whats up with not jumping for the jerk on maxes? Just master it up… right.. what's wrong with a little press out between friends. Why can elite x fitters do the mechanics and do so much more. Why is it standard that 99% do ****ty form on Oly lifts. ****ty form gets you injured pain and simple. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #530
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Tuesday night-

warm up pull ups, reverse GHD, push ups, squat snatch

Wodapolluza #1- thought that I would drop the hammer on this one. The squat snatch added up quick.

3 RFT
21 pull ups- un broken, un broken, 11,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,
15 rind push ups- 15, 15, 10/3/1/1
9 squat snatches 115#- 5/2/2 , 1/1/1/2/1/1/1/1, 2/1/2/2/1/1
6:56.. min slower than I wanted.

Bill came on the pull ups ended up being a tough 135 reps. 3 seconds each rep..

Warm up row-
50 calorie row- 1:55 about 1:38 pace.. happy with that.