CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
David Schneider

Profile:
Re: A. Davis Log

Aboard... Enjoy the ride.

Keep up the strong work. Scale as necessary and in no time you'll be crushing the WOD's as Rx'd.

Btw... You and I are twins... 24/m/6'/185#
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
Aaron Davis

Profile:

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
Row 250 meters
Sumo deadlift highpull 95 pounds, 21 reps
Pull-ups 15 reps

Scaled SDHP to just 65#, and pullups on gravitron w/ 115# assist.
Went 4 rounds.
Workout still kicked my butt.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
Aaron Davis

Profile:

Haven't checked in because I have missed the last two WOD's. Monday I got nauseous after making a pre-workout shake. I thought it would pass and i'd head to the gym but it just lingered all evening.

Yesterday's WOD was deadlifts. Had ever intention of doing it, but working in the foothills all day I did about 100 deadlifts, pulling t-posts out of the ground. It was actually pretty awesome using the deadlift form as a proper way to do a real-life function. Anyway, by the time the day was over I was completely tired and really not a good day to try to max deadlift at the gym. I felt okay doing this, but wouldn't really make a habit of it (not that it would happen often anyway).
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #14
Aaron Davis

Profile:

For time:
45 Double-unders
135 pound Squat clean, 45 reps
45 Ring Dips
45 Double-unders

Sub box jumps for double unders, 95# cleans that weren't really full squat cleans, and assisted dips (90-100# assist, im very weak with dips/pullups)

Maybe out of bias since it just happened but this workout was the toughest to date. Ended up doing 90 box jumps to start because the BB at the squat rack was being used. I feel like my form has improved since the first time I tried cleans, although I need to work on getting the full deep squat instead of the 1/2 or 1/4 squat I ended up doing. No time for this workout because I forgot to hit start on my timer.

Gym scale has me at 181, and i've had breyers twice in the past week. Not sure what to make of that, but its the lowest weight i've been in a while none the less.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
Aaron Davis

Profile:

"Fran"
Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

scaled:
75# Thrusters scaled to 15-12-9 reps, 100-115# assisted pullups rx'd reps.

8:00 exactly.

First time with Fran. This WOD definitely lives up to the hype, however comparing how I scaled it and the time it took, I realize I have a LONG way to go for that "4 minute Fran body". I have completely neglected trying to learn kipping pullups, but I realize I need to do them because I feel like im not getting enough out of the gravitron even if I use less assistance. Lungs burnt like crazy at the end of this wod.

Gym scale has me at 180.0 for the first time. I know this is kind of pointless but I can't help but check it.

Last edited by Aaron Davis : 02-13-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
Aaron Davis

Profile:

Seven rounds for time of:
95 pound Sumo-deadlift high-pull, 10 reps
10 Ring dips

11:52
did bench dips (i know, waaay scaled) instead of ring, but everything else RX'd.

I think my grip was a little wide on the SDHP because I felt it more in my arms in shoulders and less in my legs. Feelin good, absolutely addicted to and loving crossfit.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #17
Aaron Davis

Profile:

3 rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
21 Burpees
Run 400 meters

Ended up playing tennis for 1.5 hours(not super intense but still kept the heart rate and legs moving), and then going straight to the track to do the WOD. I didnt time it because I didnt have my watch, and subbed 400m runs instead of rows. Burpees werent beautiful either. All in all, had a nice long metabolic workout today, and really felt good on the tennis court which I owe to crossfit.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
Aaron Davis

Profile:

Squat clean 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Post loads to comments.

65-95-115-125-135(f)-135-135

I still feel more limited by my form than strength. I did try to really focus on doing a full deep squat on these though. Next time I can definitely improve on these numbers.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #19
Aaron Davis

Profile:

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

Post number of minutes completed to comments.

11 minutes + 11

Did everything on the gravitron (i cant wait til I dont ever have to say that again). First 6 minutes on 70# assist, then quickly increased to 130# by the end of it. 77 total pullups, which I guess isnt bad considering my sever lack of pullup ability. It goes without saying but to this day I have still never done a WOD that didnt feel like a better workout than all the non crossfit stuff ive ever done. Frustrated at myself for still not learning how to kip, and putting a very sorry effort towards learning.

I kind of plateaued around 180-182#, and I am still not sure if I am "replacing" fat with muscle. I think I look bigger around the shoulders/traps/chest, but I dont see a huge difference in my belly fat lately. Therefore, I am going to take the paleo diet up a notch and really reduce some of the excess stuff I have been snacking on too much (nuts, cheese, pineapple/sugary fruit).

For at least a week I am going to stick to a simple diet:

breakfast: eggs, bacon

lunch: tuna(w/mayo) or chicken, salad or other veggies

dinner: lean protein, lots of veggies

snacks: 2 oz. nuts per day max, 2 pieces fruit per day, maybe a post workout smoothie made with whole milk and frozen berries.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
Aaron Davis

Profile:

Posting 4 days late because ive been busy and off track lately..

"Joshie"

Complete three rounds for time of:
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 21 reps, right arm
21 L Pull-ups
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 21 reps, left arm
21 L Pull-ups

Subs: 25-20# dumbells, 15 leg raises/21 gravitron(as much as 130#) pullups.
time: 30:39, this one kicked my butt too. Loved it. Started to learn to kip a little too and made some progress.

Sun/Mon: Did not do either of these WODs. Could give excuses, but I wont. I just didnt make them a priority. Feel lousy about this, but I will get out what I put in, or fail to put in.

Also fell off a bit on eating clean. Sunday ended up "shocking the system" big time by eating pasta, bread, and ice cream cake. Last night had 2 slices of a oven bake pizza. For what its worth, I ate very light, almost fasting, outside of these meals. All this after I planned on changing everything for the better. Anyway, im back at it and not even thinking about missing any more wods.