CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
Brian White

Profile:
So I'm standing outside "Crossfit Al Anbar," stretching and warming up for the run today, when the entire camp seems to shake from the force of an explosion so close I'm wondering "Which building is now a smoking hole?" as I scramble for my gear. A second explosion follows, if anything louder than the first.

Fast forward two minutes, I've got everyone on my team accounted for, and the phone rings - "Hey, sorry, that's not an attack, that was jets flying by low and pulling up hard." And why didn't we know about this in advance? EVERYONE WHO KNEW ABOUT IT WAS ON THE ROOF WATCHING. Grrrrrr.

Looked around, decided my heartrate was already up anyway, and did the run. Only in this place.....any pilots reading please do a round of Tabata HSPU as penance for your brethren who sent an entire camp into full react mode in less than 10 seconds.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
Michael Keller

Profile:
ROFL!

That's too funny, although I'm sure it wasn't at the time. I guess it's a different kind of warm-up.......:rofl: