CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #501
Milton Brisson

Profile:
Re: Milt's WoD Log

Havent worked out in what feels like forever!!! Felt good to be back at it tonight!

August 8, 2011

CFFB SWoD was sprinting today, I havent squated in a while, so thats what I did.

45# x 8
135 x 5
205 x 3
225 x 2
245 x 1
275 x 5 x 3 - Lost my balance and rolled forward a bit on my second rep of the second set. Always squat in the rack kids!!! The weight didnt feel too heavy, so thats good, my strength has stuck with me, somewhat.

DWoD (this is my version of it today...)

5 rounds for time:
4 power snatches 95#
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
Time: 7:48 - Sub-8 was my goal on this one, so I am happy with what I did. Feeling pretty smoked from this though! Gotta get that work capacity back up there!

Also, started my new job today! Excited about that! I will call it a "Career PR"!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #502
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Also, started my new job today! Excited about that! I will call it a "Career PR"!

congrats on the the PR!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #503
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Ditto on the job. Nice squats and nice little workout there.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #504
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Thanks guys!

August 9, 2011

Got my days on CFFB mixed up. Did tuesdays WoD yesterday...getting it back on track today.

ASWoD
Press
65# x 10
95 x 6
135 x 2
150 x 5 x 3 - this about as heavy as I will go until the belt I ordered arrives.

DWoD
5 rounds for time:
10 2pood KB swings
10 sit-ups
20 double-unders
Time: 10:24 - was shooting for sub-10, so, not bad... WoD called for T2B, but there was no room for them so I subbed sit-ups. Also, in round 4, I got 19 straight double-unders! New PR by a long shot!!! All but 1 set of KB swings unbroken.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #505
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Aug. 10, 2011

Enjoying the rest day today. Feeling some slight DOMS from getting back in full swing this week.

Gonna hit it hard tomorrow and Friday, then I have to work on my deck again this weekend. Hopefully I can get it done soon! (it is a pretty ambitious project, 500sqft, built in nook and privacy screen and a built in sand box for the kids!)
Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #506
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Aug. 11, 2011

ASWoD
3 x 5 of squats:
45# x 10
135 x 8
205 x 4
225 x 2
245 x 1
285 x 5 x 3 - I would have to look through my log to find out, but I am pretty sure that 285 is the most meat Ive ever had on the bone for 3 sets of 5 squats! Doin' me some work!

DWoD:
The Volkswagen
21-15-9
body weight bench and pull-ups
.......!!!!!!!!
So I knew there was no way I getting 45 reps at 235# on the bench today! Scaled back to 205.........still couldnt finish this WoD!
I got all 21 in set 1, then it started to hurt 10 reps into set 2, and I was not interested in dropping that much weight on my chest or throat! Called it there for bench press, and 10 pull-ups to match the reps.....
So my WoD was:
21-10
bench, pull-ups
time: 12:49

thats one workout thats on my list! I am going to get it Rx'd one day!

Edit: Forgot to mention: I have officially made the move to squatting from the low bar position. I cannot believe what a difference it makes! I can definitely squat 285 for a 3x5 in HB, but it would be with a lot more pain! Love the LBBS!

Last edited by Milton Brisson; 08-11-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #507
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Looking good Milt, I have heard scary things about the volks wagon. I do'nt know the difference inbetwween high bar and low bar squats. I hope you form is solid , but it sounds like it was so, go strong.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #508
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Thanks Nik! I think the main differences between high and low bar is the distance the bar travels, and the favorable leverage you gain by LBBSing....not sure, but I think the low bar squats use the quads more than hams (opposite of high bar), and the quds are a bigger muscle group.....someone with more knowledge could fill me in there! HBBS have more transferability to oly lifts, that I know.

Aug. 12, 2011

CFFB ASWoD
20 minutes of gymnastics work.
3 x 3 of ring dips
3 x 3 of ring pull-ups

Much more difficult than on the bar! Need to be doing more work on the rings!

DWoD (Cell phone died, so I could not check the DWoD - I remember it involving cleans and running, cant run, so I subbed rowing. WoD looked like this:
5 rounds for time
6 power cleans, 135#
250 row
Time: 11:03 - goal was to go sub-12, with no more than one break per set of PCs. PCs were all unbroken except round 4! Nice WOD!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #509
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Hey Milt, hope things are going well, especially with the new job. I just am giving you a shout out and a poke to make sure you're still at it. Hope that eating is going well too. We are doing a 30 day Paleo challenge at our house and you are more than welcome to join us today marks day 2.

As far as high bar/low bar. I find that LBBS use my hamstring more and front squats/HBBS are really quad dominant. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #510
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Hey Milt, hope things are going well, especially with the new job. I just am giving you a shout out and a poke to make sure you're still at it. Hope that eating is going well too. We are doing a 30 day Paleo challenge at our house and you are more than welcome to join us today marks day 2.

As far as high bar/low bar. I find that LBBS use my hamstring more and front squats/HBBS are really quad dominant. Just my 2 cents.
Good to hear from you Jason! Hope all is well - and you are right about the HB/LB squat thing....hammies are hit arder with the low bar work...thanks for the clarification! I am going to go back to the paleo thing shortly, I think. Life has been pretty crazy around my house - so once things calm down I will go back to it.

Been eating like crap lately - my wife went with her girlfriends to Vegas for a few days, leaving me with the kids! Between starting a new job and all of the training that comes with it and making sure the kids' nutrition and cleanliness were looked after, not to mention the shape of the house - and Im still working on the deck! - its been tough to make it to the gym lately. So training hasnt been steady.

Good news, I am back in the office - which is closer to the gym, and my house. Stopped by my house at lunch on my way to the gym, and my lifting belt had arrived!!!! I headed to the gym ith a smile on my face!

CFFB ASWoD for Mondy (playing catch-up)
Squat 3x5 (add 5#)
Press 3x5 (add 5#)

Squats
45# x 10
135 x 8
205 x 4
225 x 3
275 x 1
290 x 5 x 3 - Squating with the belt definitely made a difference! The weight was never REALLY that challenging - it was hard - but I got those reps without too much struggle. Very happy with those squats!

Press
45# x 8
95 x 8
115 x 4
135 x 2
155 x 1
160 x 5 x 3 - A fail on the 5th rep of set 2, not a big deal, still got lots of reps at a very heavy weight! Definitely a self-hi-five! The belt is going to be huge on workouts like the press, no lower back issues at all (most low back issues were stability related, not pain related).

Things are good! My numbers are going to explode! Glad I went back to the LP of the ameture SWoDs.