CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
Marshall Flagg

Profile:
Re: Shoes, need help!

If you want a hybrid lift/WOD shoe, get the Reebok oly shoe. For your apparent needs I expect they are what you should go with. I have the Adipowers and they are awesome. You can get a pair from Eastbay right now with 20% off which will put them in the $170 range. I did not want to spend 200 on them either so I waited for a deal like from Eastbay. They were expensive still, but the money is long spent and I still love the shoe.

I imagine the Pendlay's are just fine as well but the Adipowers are freaking bomber.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Cofer View Post
I'm looking for an Oly shoe; I know the Adistar and Romaleo are the supreme shoe but I'm not competing nor am I willing to fork up that cash. Anyone own the 2013 Pendlay do-wins? or tried the inov8 fast lift? (I currently train in the nano2, price range is around $150). Any reviews or thoughts on the newer shoes would be great. Thanks!

I'm leaning towards 2013 Pendlay do-wins but if someone has good things to say about a hybrid weightlifting shoe that's good for weightlifting and metcons let me know.
Eastbay has the nikes for 189.99 plus 20% off. Don't know if it's still running right now but every few weeks they do either 15% off or 20% off so that's a good time to score a good deal on some solid shoes.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lichtenwalner View Post
I think he means the 2.0 which seems like a step down from the adipower (could be wrong), the trainer seems even more like a cross trainer. Ive been considering the 2.0 myself. I like my new balance minimus for jumping around and running WOD's but i have horrible ankle flexibility and cant get low on any squat without plates beneath my heels. Im hoping the semi raised heel can set me up to drive with my heels instead of rolling forward on the balls of my feet.

powerlift 2.0 WFS
http://www.roguefitness.com/adidas-powerlift-2.php

VERSUS powerlift trainer

http://www.roguefitness.com/adidas-p...royal-blue.php
I saw a guy at the World University WEightlifting Championships clean and jerk 190kg in these shoes as a 77kg lifter. Seemed to be pretty solid to me.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M Hutchinson View Post
I saw a guy at the World University WEightlifting Championships clean and jerk 190kg in these shoes as a 77kg lifter. Seemed to be pretty solid to me.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PPII's are good. I was just referring to the Trainers. Should have specified.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
Joel Te

Profile:

Check out my blog, link is in the sig. I've got a quick Fastlift review in there.

It really just comes down to what you do more of. If you're more into oly lifting, spring for Romaleos or Adipowers. If you want a shoe that you can WOD in, and carry over to Oly, then go Reebok Lifters, Fastlifts, or even Powerlift trainers (though Adipowers aren't that bad to WOD in). I can't comment on the Pendlay's, haven't tried them yet. Everything else, I've tried or owned.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
Thomas Cofer

Profile:

How do you like the inov8 fast lift?