CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
Blair Robert Lowe
Member Blair Robert Lowe is offline
 
Blair Robert Lowe's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento  CA
Posts: 7,948
Re: What protein powder do you use?

aka MLM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #42
Chris Mason
Banned Chris Mason is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlottesville  VA
Posts: 4,708
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Cantrell View Post
Haha something like that I guess. I'm actually in the dental field, not marketing, so normally that sort of stuff is NOT my thing! But, I have a biology degree and am into fitness so I can read through all of their background studies and information and know when something is going to be top of the line (when you sign up to promote you gain access to more information about the actual products). Anyway, the shake only has 15 ingredients total and that's what brought me into it to begin with. I think it's safe to say it will be the cleanest protein shake available in the industry. I want it but just like everyone else I don't want to spend a ton of money every month on protein and supplements. Therefore, I signed up to promote and with the money I earn I use it to buy the stuff for myself. Anyone interested in doing the same can private message me for details because I don't want to discuss it via the forum. I watched my friend compete in her first ever crossfit competition this past saturday so I'm new to the crossfit world and like to get on here and read about it so I don't want to get kicked off because they think I'm only on here to try to "sell stuff" which wasn't my intentions of the post
Really? What makes it so clean? How exactly does organic translate an variance in processed whey protein? Do tell.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #43
Rick Schwing
Member Rick Schwing is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corpus Christi  TX
Posts: 118
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Used ON Whey for years.. cant go wrong with the quality, price, and general great reviews it gets recognized for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #44
Chris Mason
Banned Chris Mason is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlottesville  VA
Posts: 4,708
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Schwing View Post
Used ON Whey for years.. cant go wrong with the quality, price, and general great reviews it gets recognized for.
A solid product in my opinion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #45
Sean M Hutchinson
Banned Sean M Hutchinson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Shreveport  LA
Posts: 339
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Cantrell View Post
Haha something like that I guess. I'm actually in the dental field, not marketing, so normally that sort of stuff is NOT my thing! But, I have a biology degree and am into fitness so I can read through all of their background studies and information and know when something is going to be top of the line (when you sign up to promote you gain access to more information about the actual products). Anyway, the shake only has 15 ingredients total and that's what brought me into it to begin with. I think it's safe to say it will be the cleanest protein shake available in the industry. I want it but just like everyone else I don't want to spend a ton of money every month on protein and supplements. Therefore, I signed up to promote and with the money I earn I use it to buy the stuff for myself. Anyone interested in doing the same can private message me for details because I don't want to discuss it via the forum. I watched my friend compete in her first ever crossfit competition this past saturday so I'm new to the crossfit world and like to get on here and read about it so I don't want to get kicked off because they think I'm only on here to try to "sell stuff" which wasn't my intentions of the post
Only 15 ingredients??? I hope we aren't talking about a protein supplement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #46
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M Hutchinson View Post
Only 15 ingredients??? I hope we aren't talking about a protein supplement.
I was going to say, there's less than that in my post-workout shake and it's got creatine, dextrose and whole milk mixed with the protein powder.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #47
Kelly Price
Member Kelly Price is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Athens  Greece
Posts: 3
Re: What protein powder do you use?

I use optimum nutrition gold standard, loooooveee it, most gym junkies at my gym use that also. very reliable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #48
Sean M Hutchinson
Banned Sean M Hutchinson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Shreveport  LA
Posts: 339
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
I was going to say, there's less than that in my post-workout shake and it's got creatine, dextrose and whole milk mixed with the protein powder.
lol right. Protein should have maybe 3-5 ingredients. Protein or protein blend, some kind of flavoring, and a sweetener.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #49
Amber Cantrell
Banned Amber Cantrell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Muskogee  OK
Posts: 3
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Actually less than 15 . It is a protein shake/meal replacement. I'm telling you, this company is like nothing you've ever seen before. Their post workout recovery is capsule form and based around plant enzymes that stop inflammation BEFORE it happens. They have two double blind, peer reviewed, human clinical studies going on right now. The studies are being conducted by a third party so there's no biased results. And since it's peer reviewed it can be published in sports medicine journals. So if you don't believe me on how good it is then you can read about it soon enough
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	12654  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #50
Daniel Dean
Member Daniel Dean is offline
 
Daniel Dean's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City  UT
Posts: 359
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Schwing View Post
Used ON Whey for years.. cant go wrong with the quality, price, and general great reviews it gets recognized for.
Their 100% natural chocolate is good stuff. Vitamin Shoppe has 71 serving containers for $55 shipped, killer value.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which protein powder? Miguel Vasquez Nutrition 68 04-17-2012 09:49 AM
Protein Count of Protein Powder vs. Chicken Wade Olsen Nutrition 2 11-02-2009 07:58 AM
Protein Powder Giles Clarke Nutrition 12 02-17-2009 04:43 PM
Protein Powder Wil Rader Nutrition 21 04-19-2007 11:07 AM
Protein powder Sarena Kopciel Nutrition 0 02-20-2007 07:49 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.