CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: What protein powder do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Forbes View Post
its funny you mention that. They started up a (supposedly unbiased) company which looks into what ingredients other Australian protein sellers are using. They called a couple out for using skim milk powder, which has similar properties to some labels, right?
You mean skim milk when it was supposed to be whey? Lol, oh boy... The supplement industry is rife with lowlife players who only care about making a buck. Unfortunately some of said lowlife companies have deep pockets and do a lot of advertising and thus sucker in a lot of people.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #32
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
I found Stronger Faster Healthier Recovery worked better for me than others I have tried. Since it like two hundred dollars a serving, I tend to get whatever at Costco or from the local nutrition store in town. Plus the SFH takes like poohpooh.

Right now-Muscletech Phase 8. The local guy said it was pretty good and gave me a good deal. It is strawberry and by far the best tasting protein powder I have used. It's loaded with sinful, non-paleo, **** off the true believers stuff. It is yummy though so if it works I guess it is a win-win.

I have used and like At Large Nutrition I am just not forward thinking enough to order it enough in advance that I don't run out waiting for shipping. I kinda feel bad since Chris is always so helpful 'round these parts.

MF
200 dollars per serving???? WTF.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #33
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

^^^ Exaggerated but yes.

Hmm, SFH is not as expensive as I remember it. Still $20/lb for whey and up but a bit cheaper than Progenex. Roughly $1.33 for whey protein/serving which really isn't that bad compared to MuscleMilk or whatever from the store. Progenex is like $2/serving in that regard or slightly more.

Kind of expensive in the fact that they are using WPC, though it's grass-fed which probably is more expensive as " grass-fed " always is.

Still SFH and Progenex and other expensive niche driven protein companies are more expensive compared to ALN Nitrean which is 90c/serving [ none of these I'm including shipping prices ] or $13.63/lb vs $20/lb or $30/lb.

Bulk WPC can be as cheap as $6lb to $9/lb though with Whey Isolate generally $10-15/lb. Grass Fed Whey $12/lb. Hydrolyzed Whey or Casein/Egg is just stupid expensive.

If you are only using SFH or Progenex like once a day or per workout/week, it's not too expensive. $40-70/month. But if you supplement protein say 2-3x/day...well sheee-it.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #34
Marshall Flagg

Profile:

I felt SFH worked well for me. However at about two dollars a serving-2lb bag at 60 bucks-it was more money than I wanted to spend. I would recommend it to someone in a heartbeat if cost and flavor is not an option.

Clearly my comment of it being two hundred dollars a serving is sarcasm/exaggeration. I guess I though that would be obvious.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #35
Amber Cantrell

Profile:

spamaroonie.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #36
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Quote:
sarcasm/exaggeration. I guess I though that would be obvious.
What is that again?

...you know how it is, American school system.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #37
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Cantrell View Post
spamspamspam

The company is in prelaunch stage until Sept 1st but you can still follow that link to read about their stuff (under products choose edge) They have a protein shake that is 22g of pure organic whey protein, sweetened with stevia, soy free, GMP and NSF certified.
Did you get in on the ground floor of this new exciting company with a proven track record with unlimited earning potential?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Nice website though it should really have background music.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #39
Sean M Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
I felt SFH worked well for me. However at about two dollars a serving-2lb bag at 60 bucks-it was more money than I wanted to spend. I would recommend it to someone in a heartbeat if cost and flavor is not an option.

Clearly my comment of it being two hundred dollars a serving is sarcasm/exaggeration. I guess I though that would be obvious.
http://www.sfh.com/products/whey_pro...whey_-_2lb_bagYOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS AS TO WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE

$40...
Old 08-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #40
Amber Cantrell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Railsback View Post
Did you get in on the ground floor of this new exciting company with a proven track record with unlimited earning potential?

Haha something like that I guess. I'm actually in the dental field, not marketing, so normally that sort of stuff is NOT my thing! But, I have a biology degree and am into fitness so I can read through all of their background studies and information and know when something is going to be top of the line (when you sign up to promote you gain access to more information about the actual products). Anyway, the shake only has 15 ingredients total and that's what brought me into it to begin with. I think it's safe to say it will be the cleanest protein shake available in the industry. I want it but just like everyone else I don't want to spend a ton of money every month on protein and supplements. Therefore, I signed up to promote and with the money I earn I use it to buy the stuff for myself. Anyone interested in doing the same can private message me for details because I don't want to discuss it via the forum. I watched my friend compete in her first ever crossfit competition this past saturday so I'm new to the crossfit world and like to get on here and read about it so I don't want to get kicked off because they think I'm only on here to try to "sell stuff" which wasn't my intentions of the post