CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
David McGlame

Profile:
Aberdeen Proving Grounds

In the somewhat near future I will be TDY for a few months to attend OBC at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. The closest affiliate that I could find is over an hour away. Anyone in or around post do CF?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
Anita Tyler

Profile:
Re: Aberdeen Proving Grounds

I live right outside APG, near the Edgewood gate. There are no affiliates in Harford County.

Here's some help:
-- Once you're on base, that's probably a better chance of finding other CFers. There have been posts on and off over the years of folks meeting up.
-- You could check with the guys at Fort Meade. They run an affiliate on base there and may know of informal groups at APG. http://www.crossfitfortmeade.blogspot.com/
-- Likely, working out a local affiliate will be a mini-road trip for a day off. In that case, don't discount York, PA and Wilmington, DE. Both are about the same distance from Aberdeen as Baltimore. (Within a 60 mile radius of APG, there are several affiliates!)
-- If you're going to make it a road trip, then you could also plan a day at the beach, and visit affiliates on the Eastern Shore - which would be about a two-hour drive, and little traffic, going around the upper Chesapeake Bay to get there.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
Ben Gallardy

Profile:
Re: Aberdeen Proving Grounds

Shoot me an email when you get here. I work at APG and know a few crossfitters, including myself, who can help you out.