CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
Ben Leeper

Profile:
LifeCore Fitness Assault Airbike question

So I just assembled my air bike. Does anybody else's chain touch the black fan cage as it leaves the pedal case to go to the fan? Mine touches it and makes a noise as I pedal. Is this by design for some reason? It doesn't seem like a big problem, it is just louder than I feel like it should be.

It isn't a problem with me putting it together because you don't even have to touch that portion during assembly.

Thanks community.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
Tory Boucher

Profile:
Re: LifeCore Fitness Assault Airbike question

That is really interesting. I have an old Schwinn Airdyne and it does the same thing. It eventually caught up to the point where I couldn't pedal at all. Our solution the first time was to loosen the cage and slide it away from the chain. Now every time we move the bike the cage moves a little closer towards the chain. When it starts making the loud clicking noise I just step hard on the little wheels used to move it. That usually moves the cage away, and we have quiet again.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: LifeCore Fitness Assault Airbike question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Leeper View Post
So I just assembled my air bike. Does anybody else's chain touch the black fan cage as it leaves the pedal case to go to the fan? Mine touches it and makes a noise as I pedal. Is this by design for some reason? It doesn't seem like a big problem, it is just louder than I feel like it should be.

It isn't a problem with me putting it together because you don't even have to touch that portion during assembly.

Thanks community.
Contact the supplier, if you buy a product it is still under guarantee. Something must be wrong.