CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Suzanne Wager

Profile:
Unhappy Ruputured shoulder tendon?!?!

My right arm has been hurting for months. Pain is more felt in the anterior deltoids. I know I hurt it while doing heavy thrusters. Anyways been to Dr....have had 5 pt sessions ...physiotherapist and Dr suspected anterior deltoids or rotator cuff strain. Finally had MRI done Monday and I got told today it was a tendon tear ( spoke to a receptionist who relayed me the message-she didn't know which tendon). Dr said to complete physio and if not better I will be referred to orthopedics. I've got one more session of physio tomorrow than I'm done. Even with rest,,,,its not getting better.
Since I can't indicate which tendon it is that's torn....in general with regards to torn muscles in the shoulder...anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I suspect surgery may be in the cards due to the fact that it isn't healing ...Has anyone had surgery in this area ? How long is recovery?..
This sucks.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Ruputured shoulder tendon?!?!

surgery is usually a 4-6 month recovery and complete tears do not heal back to bone. rehab toughest part of process because it takes so long.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Suzanne Wager

Profile:
Re: Ruputured shoulder tendon?!?!

Thanks for your info. I'm just happy I know what it is and can work on getting it healed