CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #17141
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

20 April 2017

Got ring muscle ups back. Done a few chest to bar, so far no pain but I am going to be rusty going into the masters quals.

Will decide tonight when they are announced if the risk reward is worth it or not. I will nevertheless manage to hit most of them so will be going for a couple of them tomorrow.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 04-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #17142
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

May the wheel house workouts be with you!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #17143
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

I fancy a 21-15-9 sprint of hspu and ttb, a 2k row, the strength element I would like a 10 rep max hang power clean and then finally max deadlifts with 100k in 5 minutes.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 04-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #17144
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

What do you think? Got your 21-15-9 and some dead lifts..

#1- snatches..would take a break when needed.. maybe sets of 10 with a 5 second break.
Row just working mans pace.. maybe 4.5 min for this.
Burpees over the bar.. you are good at those. Then hit the muscle ups safely.
Muscle ups- If you can get thru them maybe 20 of them you will be fine.

#2- redo of last year.. you crushed it in the top 12.

#3- just a sprint like fran.. hang on to the bar and the c2b get thru them fast. Will be over before you know it.

#4- get thru the dead lifts.. bang away at the hspu you are good at those, then get yourself in a good mental position to bang away at the front squats.

I believe that you can get away with 1 excellent performance workout, 1 good workout, 1 medium and you can have one goat. Typically 200 points is the cut off.

Only a few peeps have the capability of you and your skills/motor. Trust your programming and recovery skills. Attack the good ones!

Don't worry about the Grundler boys or any of the others.. the MQ is just a gateway to the ticket to the games. The games is where you can worry about others competitors. Its just you, your box, having fun and enjoying being the beast that you are.

Cheers
Vic
Old 04-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #17145
Alex Burden

Profile:

Good luck Scott..

Bring it to the table
Old 04-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #17146
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

I'm rusty Vic, done the 16.2 repeat today and got 6 reps less than last year. Doing the TTB carefully lost me a good minute and I had a bit of a trip festival on the second round of doubles.

My Event 4 score is decent although I worried that by getting zero missed reps on the hspu I may of gone a bit conservative.

Next up the two that have potential to injure me so I'm not really thinking about qualifying, just getting through it because until I am OUT I can't stop. Thought I had broke my fingers today with an awful catch on the clean, squat cleaned this year rather than powering it up then squatting afterwards.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #17147
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Good luck on the last 2 events. Great job on the first 2. Shows some real heart.

Let us know how you did?

Cheers
Vic
Old 04-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #17148
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Good luck on the last 2 events. Great job on the first 2. Shows some real heart.

Let us know how you did?

Cheers
Vic
Thanks Vic, I'm pleased with my job on Event 1 today, managed to get through it without any pain plus a few more reps than you said I needed. Rowing and DB snatch are stuff I have done a lot lately so managed to get myself enough time on the rings to keep myself engaged on every rep. Can't get floppy or the pain comes.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #17149
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Good luck and mart thinking leaving those C2B for last, be careful but not too careful. These were really good events. I wonder if this is the last time we will see any 1RMs done for a while. Seems like CF is moving away from that and finding a different way to test strength specific to the demands of the sport. as in 16.2 and 17.3 I like the move myself as 1 RMs will never be in my wheelhouse. Good luck stay safe and let the chips fall where they may
Old 04-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #17150
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Good luck and mart thinking leaving those C2B for last, be careful but not too careful. These were really good events. I wonder if this is the last time we will see any 1RMs done for a while. Seems like CF is moving away from that and finding a different way to test strength specific to the demands of the sport. as in 16.2 and 17.3 I like the move myself as 1 RMs will never be in my wheelhouse. Good luck stay safe and let the chips fall where they may
Also Jason with the increase in popularity we all have to accept there will be a lot of cheating. With videos it is easy for people to manufacture plates that weigh less than they say. I know these could be used in metcons also but for 1rm lifts it is very easy thing to do.

Anything hanging I have to pull my shoulders into extreme active position, no flopping or letting them get anywhere near my ears or injury can happen. It's hard but it's the way forward not only for my injury but for the future of building better gymnastics. Much tigher position, my ring muscle ups today were a hybrid of the false grip ones used a lot 6 years ago and the kipping ones, much shorter kip with a knee pump.