CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Thomas Martinez

Profile:
Hiring Coaches

CrossFitters!
We are looking to talk with anyone who may be interested in joining our team as a coach! We are located right outside of Pittsburgh, Pa.

We are looking for anyone who has a background in group fitness instruction and/or high school or college coaching. Some CrossFit experience is a plus and a contagious personality with an eagerness to learn is a must.

Drama or ego driven individuals need not apply!!!

Please email your background and contact info to

CrossFitSteeltown@gmail.com

Last edited by Thomas Martinez : 08-28-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: To add location
Old 08-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Mike Doehla

Profile:
Re: Hiring Coaches

What do you typically pay someone for this. Is is based on classes taught. I'm looking into opening a box in the future and curious since I probably can't handle it on my own.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
Eric G Taylor

Profile:
Re: Hiring Coaches

Took advice from my Coach, as you open and run your box. its hard to find someone outside your box who will mold to your values and concepts of how you run your business. bringing someone in who doesnt really know you or how you operate will be a tough situation that may take a few months to work out the kinks. but if you hire from within your box, they already know you. probably have a good relationship with you and will already understand how things work around you. if you find that one dedicated person thats always working hard and loves CF just like you started out. i think thats the person you should approach about becoming a coach. even if you have to sponsor their L1 cert. its only 1000 bucks. in the long run your getting a easily moldable coach and they are getting the oportunity to change lives the same way you changed theirs and they are giving back to the box that gave to them. i see it as a win win for both you and them.

just if you sponsor them make a contract that says if i pay for your class no issues but you will have to garuntee me you coach for me for a minimum of one year.