CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-30-2004, 09:05 PM   #11
Joe Felix

Profile:  
Brad,
Have you been diagnosed with end stage renal disease? If so, I want you to know that you are not alone and this is not the end of your life. I was diagnosed with ESRD in 1993. I was on dialysis until my brother was old enough to donate his kidney. I had a kidney transplant in 1997. I have not had a single episode of rejection or any complications at all. If you have any questions, or just need to talk, I'd be glad to help.

Joe
Old 05-31-2004, 07:18 AM   #12
Brad Hirakawa

Profile:
I did not expect such a response, again, thank you all. Great links Peter, thanks for your time!

Joe,
Congratulations on the successful transplant, that is great to hear!! Your brother must be a great fellow! I've been following the published results regarding organ transplants, and the doctors are getting better and better each year. Very impressive stuff. I am fortunate, in that the diagnosis happened fairly early on in the game, so ESRD is probably (hopefully!) a ways off. My mother on the other hand is experiencing some difficulties currently, but I'm still optimistic for her. Tough for her, because she was an accomplished competitive swimmer and tri-athlete, and now those activities are quite limited. However, she is really starting to enjoy the weight lifting now a days.... and I'm convincing her to check out Crossfit. :-)

Thanks again all, better let the thread simmer down now, don't want the health/life insurance folks getting hold of this information. From what I understand, they can be real a-holes about insuring folks with kidney disease.

Brad