CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #71
Tirzah Harper

Profile:
Re: Starting Strength or a Hybrid Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani Singh View Post
hey guys, Ive got a similar story to the original poster. Been xfitting for around 6 months now with the aim of loosing body fat.Iv managed to go from a 36" waist to a 32" through diet control and metcons.

Im now at the phase where due to loss of weight, my metcons and other lifts are the same or even dropping. I have lost a huge amount of muscle bulk to...all of which is due to strictly controlled dieting rather than training.

So where do i go from here?

Plan is:

Maintain or even reduce bf percentage even more(currently at 10-15%)
Put on some serious mass!!!!!(well it is almost summer man!)
Strength-want to get strong.

I know these aims seem very similar to everyone elses...so can someone recommend me a programe that works? I kno xfit works but my aims are more towards size and strength currently rather than fitness.
It's pretty hard to put on muscle without also putting on fat. Starting Strength is a good program for putting on both. CrossFit is a great way to get strong AND stay lean; it's just slower at adding the strength.

It sounds to me like a) your question will be better answered by looking around for answers and then starting a new thread if you don't find what you need; and b) you need more rest and/or more food to help get your strength back.