CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #41
James R. Climer

Profile:
I believe the two weeks post-op call
for major handstand & HSPU practice.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #42
Jeff Gentry

Profile:
"Dear hubby goes tomorrow (Thursday) morning. I'll be sure to give you an update after I'm done nursing the poor guy - if he's anything like some of you guys sound, I'm sure he'll be milking it through the weekend!"

And rightly so, You would have a better chance of running through hell wearing gasoline soaked undewear than getting me to get that, I cringe just thinking about it and I have had a couple major surgery's and that one just ain't going to happen.

I should have never looked at this thread now I'm all weirded out.

Jeff
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #43
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
LOL, Jeff.

Hubby came through just fine. After a couple days of moaning, grimacing, and walking like an ole time cowboy, he says "that wasn't as bad as I thought" The boys are still a little tender, though. I think a week is just about right for total R&R.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #44
Charlie Nugent

Profile:
Had it done 4 years ago. Besides a Dr. with zero personality and the uncomfortable 'tugging and snipping' it was not that bad. I was snipped Friday AM, sat with ice in my lap for pretty much the whole weekend and was mobile on Monday.

Was 'back in action' a week later. Of course, you are not 'clear of the boys' for about a month, but hey, I wanted to put myself at ease that everything was still in working order ;-)
Old 01-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #45
Nick Cruz

Profile:
Man, this thread is just on the knifes edge of decency! Good times, good times.... Ive made my appt with my PCP for Monday, Ill get the referral from her and then its off to the Urologist.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #46
Nick Cruz

Profile:
Had my "Counseling" session at the Urologist. This basically entailed watching a super cheezy 70's film about the procedure. Funny thing is that the glasses that the wife wore in the film are now back in style :rm_shifty: ( I still dont understand that one). They really go out of their way to scare the crap out of you prior to getting the procedure. I guess its truly one of those things that has the potential to really change your life. In fact, California actually has a law that MANDATES a 72 hour waiting period between the counseling session and the procedure. Id like to know what meathead wasted my tax dollars authoring THAT bill. But I digress. My big day is next Thursday and I will have a couple of HD-DVD movies, xbox 360 and a six pack or 3 of Dead Guy Ale to get me through the weekend. Then my rings, some newly built paralletes, and my pullup bar should get me through the rest of the recovery. I think that I will plan on having my new pendlay bar and bumper set arrive at my doorstep 2 weeks from the procedure. That should get me back into the swing of things!

Thanks for all of the support!!

Nick