CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-31-2018, 12:42 AM   #721
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Wednesday was rest day but played a round of golf.

Thursday and a little tired but slept well. Wife was in a good mood and looking forward to today.

Plan - snatch.

Warm up

60 cal row nice and easy
PVC pipe work
extensive warm up for the snatch including mobility.
All in all 35min i would say

Snatch - technique and take the weight as far as you like, as many reps as you like.

Wife - a little rusty today and not so solid in getting the bar over her head. She started to build confidence but kept the barbell to 15kgs/33lbs. She had the tendancy to jump into the bar rather than drive it up and pull herself in under. made a couple of small adjustments, lifting her backside up in her starting position, which pushed her shoulders more in front of of the bar together with her knees and also making sure she is on her heels in the pull. This made a massive change in the path of the bar and her lifts were way better. By the end she felt a lot more confident.

Myself - feeling good from the start, also a little rusty as i have not lifted for about 10 days or so. All of the lifts were singles and i took my time between them to ensure my techinque was there.

40x5
50x4
60x4
65x3
70kgs/154lbs x1
72xFFFF

The lifts felt quite good most of the time but i was not consistant. Once the bar got heavier the muscle memory kicked in. i was pleased with all the lifts at 65 and 70kgs, solid catches in the hole and no problem driving them up. I had 3 really good failures at 72kgs and the final failure was the worst but still maybe 90% good. If i made the choice to save a bad lift i guess i would have made it but if i do not catch it in the hole and stable i will dump/bail out.

Cool down
clean up and stretch for 20min and reflect on the day.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:44 AM   #722
Alex Burden

Profile:

It's Friday both of us are looking forward to resting.

Wife is happy and looking forward to today's workout..

Plan - partner chipper

Warm up
60 cal row, no straps and drag set to the lowest setting
PVC pipe work and a general warm up with all of the movements to come.
Get those muscles activated ready for what was to come.
35min in total

Partner Chipper - for time - share the load how you like.

30-20-10reps for time

Cal row (no straps)
T2B/K2C
Box jumps/step ups 24"
C2B/Pull ups
KB Deadlift 12/20kgs
Down ups

Time - 18.40

This was quite a good WOD today as it covered most of the body and we had a good sweat on after this. The pacing was quite good as the rounds of 20 and 10 were in total 40 seconds quicker than the round of 30. We shared the load about 50/50.

7 rounds - 10 second holds on each arm (this is the same as we did last week)
*Set up a barbell in the rack (fixed wall rack) as if to set up to do a bar row.
*Now grip the bar in the middle with the hands (close grip) and lean back as if to bar row.
*Now release one of your hands and keep your shoulders paralell to the bar, squeeze your glutes and abs to keep that position. make sure your lats are active.
*after each round we moved further down to make it harder and harder to hold on and hold the position. The final 2 rounds really sucked.

10 reps - strict pull ups but with 2 lats activations before each rep

Cool down
20min stretch

and that was the end of another great week
Old 06-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #723
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Keep up the great work Alex! Where the heck is Scott?
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 06-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #724
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic McQuaide View Post
Keep up the great work Alex! Where the heck is Scott?
Cheers Vic....

Scott.... Mmmmm using other social media I think. Bit of a shame as he like you has a lot to share with us normal folk.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:55 PM   #725
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and tired... We got home late last night from our summer house and boy was it hot last night, or should i say the past month. Not that i am complaining but it is hard to sleep when it is 20 degrees at night.

Apart from the that weekend was great, we both did a lot of things we needed to do at our summer house which was great.

So the plan for today 2/3 of the tripple three's

Warm up
Boy was it hot at the gym today, must have been 25 centigrade this morning and the air was terrible.
1km row
some mobility work
jogged a little and tested the jump rope.

all in all about 25min i would say.

2/3 of the tripple three's
So just for fun i thought we would test the row and du from the tripple three's today. We can't run as we have no idea on the distances outside and that wasn't the goal for today.

Set up the rowers before we started and boy are they getting bad now , still no service on the damn things and we have been telling them for a year now. We both set the rower drag to 118 and the difference was 1 on the setting on the side, wife's was on 5 and mine on 6 to get the same resistance.

3km row
300 Du - wife 600 Su

Times:

Wife - row completed 14.12 total time 18.51
Myself - row complated 11.58 total time 18.06

I broke my du's up into 25's and wanted to complete 50 every minute. i was a little tired today and i wish i would have come in under 18min. Not bad for a first try. The wife blew through her su's and did her last set of 300 unbroken she said , i was very impressed. She made up more than a minute on me.

Core
6x10 med sit ups
6x8 back extentions

Cool down
clean up and stretch for 20min

and today i tried out my new nano 8s that i bought in the sale last week... very impressed with them. Very comfortable and fitted my feet perfect.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #726
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Alex, 3's.. that is a good workout. It seems to be a running thing. I have done it 2x's. First time I went out way to fast on the rowers and suffered for the dubs and run.

If I were to do it again I would just row how I felt what ever the pace was. 12 min is a good speed. Then do the dubs in a medium speed and save everything for the run.

Great info.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 06-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #727
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burden View Post
Cheers Vic....

Scott.... Mmmmm using other social media I think. Bit of a shame as he like you has a lot to share with us normal folk.
Scott has near 3 million views. We are all common folks here brother! Wish he would share more.

These boards are silent to say the least. What happened to the days were an affiliate owner could be fired on them! hehe
Old 06-05-2018, 01:34 AM   #728
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tusday morning and all by myself today which is a bit of and a bit of as i enjoy working out with the wife. Another late night last night but i slept well and was looking forward to today.

Plan - strict consistancy. By this it means starting positions, the movements should be as identical as possible. No rush.

Warm up
5 min row
pipe work
shoulder mobility
warm up the arms and upper body a lot.
In total 30min

Plan

Part 1 - Strict muscle ups x 10
The difference today is that i wanted to work on also trying to lower myself strict. So i once i hit the top lock out position i would lower myself back to the dip position and try and lower myself slowly down again. This was really hard and i could not do that. So i tried as far as i could on each rep.

Part 2 - Wall walk into 5 second hold x 10
This is part of my strength and mobility for HSPU. My walking up the wall is so much better and i can get quite close to the wall 15cm/6". In the hold i try and keep that hollow position. Keeping the hollow position is not a position here for some reason.

Part 3 - Hand stand hold 5 seconds and then 1 HSPU x 8
So the first part was to kick up and hold this for 5 seconds. I was testing different hand positions and placing them closer to the wall to compare and see if i felt more stable and if i could get in that hollow position. I still can't get in that hollow position but i am almost there. Making sure i keep my core tight. Strait after this i would kick up again and quickly feel the position and if i can get hollow and then perform 1 HSPU. Repeat this 8 times.

Part 4 - Strict Pull ups - using Close Grip Row bar in the pull up rack . 10 x 2 (see pic WFS)
So to help improve my Mu's i did pull ups with a close grip row bar that i borrowed from a lats machine. I would hang at the bottom for 2 seconds and then complete 1 pull up on each side but i would pull myself up so high that my traps would touch on each side. At the end i did one large set of 8 reps. I am going to work on these for a while as i know these are going to help me a lot.

Part 5 - split jerk from rack position 10x5
just to finish things off as my shoulders are really warmed up.. 40kg barbell and just practice getting under the bar. Speed with the feet and ensuring the position is correct, drive head through arms. These got better as time went on.

So today was total focus on quality and full range of movement. no ruch at all and this took me an hour to complete.

Cool down
upper body stretch for 10min or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pull ups.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	14026  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:48 AM   #729
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday was rest day as usual... not as if we really rested as we had quite a few things to do at home... national holiday yesterday .

Thursday morning and feeling a little tired. Both of us went to bed early which is probably why we were tired... after 30min or so we were back to normal and ready to go.

Plan - legs, legs and more legs

Warm up
5min on the rower to get the blood flowing
a good 20min warming our legs up and some light mobility work to make sure we were ready for what was to come.

Legs - take it as far as you like

E2MOM - 5 back squats
Wife - 25, 28, 30, 33, 35, 38, 40kgs/88lbs
Myself - 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 105kgs/231lbs

This went quite well for me as we have not done squats for a while but they felt heavy today. The wife started to feel her hip flexor again so she stopped at a safe weight. We are going to need to get that looked at. Dur to that she swapped out the next movement,

E2MOM - 5 Thrusters
Myself - 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70kgs/154lbs

Felt very solid on these today, 70kgs was heavy at the end.

E2MOM - 5 split jerks (alternative for wife) - take it as far as you like
Wife - 20, 23, 25, 28, 30, 32, 35kgs/77lbs x 1

E2MOM - 5 deadlifts
Wife - 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 73, 75kgs/165lbs
Myself - 70, 90, 105, 115, 125, 130, 135kgs/297lbs

We could both tell that our legs were tired during this one but we gave it all we could. Good solid lifts with solid technique.

Cool Down
clean up the mess and stretch our legs for 20min
Old 06-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #730
Alex Burden

Profile:

It's Friday and we are both tired... be nice to rest the weekend. So i had absolutely no idea what we were going to do today, i felt we would go with the flow and sort of come up with something in the car. Last minute thinking is quite fun sometimes. Today will be a partner workout, share the load but still had no idea what we should do. Came up with first thing during the warm up and after that we just came up with stuff.

Warm up

row and run for 8min in total
some pipe work and a general light stretch

chat and get ready... total 30min

Partner - share the load 50/50
We broke the reps up into 10s or 5s

100 cal ski erg for time = 6.50 (1630m)
100 KB swings 12/20kgs = 2.26
100 sit ups = 3.58
110 power cleans 20/40kgs = 3.56
100m each of walking lunges = 5.03

So as you can see we kept everything to 100s apart from the power clean... the wife counted to 70 twice which meant we did 10 to many reps . After the ski erg we just picked something and went with it but still with some thought behind it as we covered the whole body more or less. We caught our breath back between movements and then gave it 100% again.
Oh and i ****ed the wife off on the ski erg..... i told her to test the set up and get the feel but she actually started to work on the 100 cals.. I wasn't ready as i was putting magnesium on my hands so i slowly jumped on and reset it.... boy did she get ****ed at me she did 10cals for nothing...

Cool down
clean up and a good stretch of the upper body and a little lighter on the legs today. around 20min i would say.

and that was the end of another great week