CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 12-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #11
John Drohan

Profile:
Re: What did people think of the Invitational?

Watching Dan Bailey and Sara Sigmundsdottir attempt the heaviest Atlas stone made my own back cringe from just watching it. That seems like an injury waiting to happen. Sure, practice the day before is great, but I don't think every athlete is going to learn proper technique in that time.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
Michael Cook

Profile:

I liked the stones and the tire flipping.

I did not like the rowing, and assault biking because they are not very spectator friendly. But when C2 and Assault bike are sponsoring the event, I suppose they had to put them in.

I wish they could have used the playing field better with the lanes they had set up. For example, instead of HSPU, they could have done HS walking, so you could see which team is ahead. And they could have done walking lunges with the worm instead of one of the exercises they did with the worm.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:27 AM   #13
Andrew Gillie

Profile:

Don't know how many guys/gals here do strongman stuff but there were some things I noticed. The stones were cool but could have been done a lot better...the contest not the athletes, I was really impressed by the athletes.

They were obviously new stones, just poured , my guess would be for the event. They looked really smooth and shiny which is horrible for stones. They were even still dusty like they had just come out of the mold. Then they weren't allowed to use tacky. Those things must have been like trying to hold a ball of grease.

I felt bad for Bailey. Short arms, new stones no tacky...he could have added 75lbs to his DL and still not got that. He didn't need to be stronger, he needed to be taller. (I can seriously relate to that) I think he even cut his forearm on the seam of the stone from trying to squeeze it tighter. (It's a little edge that comes from the 2 halves of the stone mold, goes away/smooths out as they get beat up.)

The tire was waay too easy. These are strong guys/gals I can't believe they couldn't get a better tire. So the short version...they should have used the stones for a few weeks in a gym first to get them broke in and the tire was light...but the rest seemed cool.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #14
Ludovic Deguy

Profile:

It is always amazing to see how much work they can do in only 2 hours.

Some events were quote boring but I did'nt watch it live so I was able to fast forward whenever I wanted

The best event so far was the atlas stones, I love strongmen stuff so I am biased but it was fun for me.