CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 11-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #31
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Re: The CrossFit Games Needs an Enemy

Yes some people are close. Josh B when he had problems on the DL on the cinco's thru his glasses like a baby. He has some passion but he gets the get out jail card for his tantrums because everyone loves him he hits grand slams, crushes everyone on some of the workouts.. but then gets crushed. He is a huge man trapped in a little guys body.

What about some of the masters athletes. You hear rumors of people walking 20' on their hands and get credit for 120'. Some people say look at this guy 4 years ago all skinny and now they could be a super hero stand in.

I think that if Crossfit tested like cycling then we might have some serious bad boys and girls.

I don't think that x fit has the balls to do that. Might be an instant net worth in half if some of the role models and darlings failed on the tests.

I at least respect the body building community. The huge pros are all on the juice.. they have other lifetime drug free divisions that are tested. The two divisions are like looking at aliens vs. normal guys.

Grid and crossfit.. you look at some of the grid people who have tested positive and they are some of the stars.

Some of the Dan B types who say people in x fit are doing the stuff. He says that he will do the tests for someone as long as they put the 3k into a donation company.

Like my friend says.. I don't care if people are doing the juice.. I just want to know.

When you get to the games (Masters) you have the guys who look normal in stature like me (5' 11" and 180 lbs BF 7%) and some of the other comic book hero types who look too good to be true.

We have a big pull of people to find the villains.. Men, Women, Master, Teens.. heck that brings ups good point.. what about the teens who are crushing the numbers?

Too bad that everyone is so nice.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:08 AM   #32
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post

When you get to the games (Masters) you have the guys who look normal in stature like me (5' 11" and 180 lbs BF 7%) and some of the other comic book hero types who look too good to be true.

We have a big pull of people to find the villains.. Men, Women, Master, Teens.. heck that brings ups good point.. what about the teens who are crushing the numbers?

Too bad that everyone is so nice.
Personally I thought all of the masters could pass as comic book heroes, best 20 in each age group out of many thousands in almost all divisions.

So your 5'11" and 180, what do you think is suspicious, I'm a little taller but 198lb, there was taller and bigger people but that's just how some people are made, I have friends who don't train much, they only have to sniff some dumbels and they grow, some of us genetically are huge, whereas some of us are naturally ripped, I could eat pizza 5 times a week and still come up ripped, that's normal to me.

I'm not saying nobody does it, I just don't remember there being a big difference in muscularity and size between me you and all the other athletes, just a few sinewy smaller guys and some big lumps.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #33
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Ok.. yes the hulks.. people do have different statures.. you are right.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #34
Steven Thunander

Profile:

If you are talking about F45, that is a joke. Crossfitters went in there and beat their champions only a week after the Games.