CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 AM   #1
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Laura, I seem to have stalled on my Pull Ups sets of 5 seen to be my max, but I'm doing 3 or 4 sets now. My grip seems to be my weakness.

However this week while in Sydney I went to an adult gym class an finally learnt how to do the elusive false grip (got blisters in the right places).And learnt how to do jumping Muscle ups, still a way to go, but might just get a real one by the end of the year.

Attached Files
File Type: email 100_4724.mov (1.17 MB, 231 views)
Old 10-21-2005, 05:02 AM   #2
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Nice technique, you'll get a muscle up for sure! Keep it up!
Old 11-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
Laura Rucker

Profile:
Hey! Fi, I totally missed this post! Sorry about that.

Wow. Awesome jumping muscle up. I am working jumping dips and can do a ring pull up, but not with false grip. Kipping pullups, I can do 6 or 7 when fresh, but during a workout where pullups are in the middle, I'm getting sets of 3 & 4. wahhh! Going to try to do Eugene's B-day challenge, but will do it in sets. :|

How are you doing with this since this post is a month old.

Laura

(Message edited by LauraR on November 20, 2005)
Old 11-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
Fiona,

That looks great! You've got all the right elements there. Keep working pull-ups (try to pull all the way to the chest), do them on rings as well as on a bar, and work those ring dips too(though the dip part of the jumping MU in the video looks really strong already).

With that start, if you keep at it, I bet you'll have it by the end of the year for sure!

Keep us posted.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:27 PM   #5
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Thanks everyone, I haven't had much of a chance, no make that any to work on my muscle ups since coming home simply because my rings arn't mounted high enough (they hang off a smith machine)Although i have been working my dips.I think I might take them down to the footy field and month them on the gaols so i can practice.

Having a gymnastics coach actually explain false the grip was a great help

Laura,Im still doing Jumping pulls when i do WOD but I've been working the pull ups heaps.(I'm up to 7 kipping pull ups (on bar), although i have to hold myself up and adjust my grip at about 4. I picked up some chalk on the weekend, but haven't used it yet but hopefully it will help.
Yesterday i did 5,7,5,6,6,5 = 34 in about 10 minutes, but i've been doing one 50-55rep session once a week for the last three, started with sets of between 3-5 and now doing sets of between 4-7. Generally they are spread out over about an hour while vacuming the gym/mat.Last week i did 5 repx10sets.
My aim for the weekend is to do it in less than 9 sets and maybe pump out a set of 10. MAYBE