CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #4011
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Dig this Blog Post

Up toooooo late...

Old 01-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #4012
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
my favorite motivational vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtMm0swu5i8 (wfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrKKbaClME (wfs)

Good luck with whatever is goin on Nik! The Thread is behind you.
Thanks everyone, spent the day at the hospital and doctors. Seems I am making to much blood and it was putting pressure on my heart and veines, alose threatening kidney failure.

The drained off some blood(train wreck there) and Now I wait a month and redo blood work. I will not go into possible causes because there are to many ans cancer is one of them and I really don't want to think about that for a month.

I am to stop my sups and back off of training. There is so much I am doing my best to not worry about and refocus on. Training though can be a contributing factor. So less intensity.

That part is the hardest right now. lifting is almost always a good for me. I have laughed out loud after a good heavy squat and everything is righ in the world. Now I'm told to back off.

I need to replan my workout. I'm thinking of going all strength and no metcon, but I'm not sure even that will be ok. Right now it is all a mess. I'm not sure what to do as far as training goes. He( the Dr,) just said to back off the volume and intensity.

So that is the story. On a funny note, to drain off my blood I had to give 50, yes 50 9ml viles because the big bottles are on back order.

Congrats Matt on getting the 4000 post. Close race there!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #4013
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Thanks everyone, spent the day at the hospital and doctors. Seems I am making to much blood and it was putting pressure on my heart and veines, alose threatening kidney failure.

The drained off some blood(train wreck there) and Now I wait a month and redo blood work. I will not go into possible causes because there are to many ans cancer is one of them and I really don't want to think about that for a month.

I am to stop my sups and back off of training. There is so much I am doing my best to not worry about and refocus on. Training though can be a contributing factor. So less intensity.

That part is the hardest right now. lifting is almost always a good for me. I have laughed out loud after a good heavy squat and everything is righ in the world. Now I'm told to back off.

I need to replan my workout. I'm thinking of going all strength and no metcon, but I'm not sure even that will be ok. Right now it is all a mess. I'm not sure what to do as far as training goes. He( the Dr,) just said to back off the volume and intensity.

So that is the story. On a funny note, to drain off my blood I had to give 50, yes 50 9ml viles because the big bottles are on back order.

Nik, that's rough. You've got it though! For what its worth, we're here for you when you need a good laugh or whatever shenanigans we're up to. Get yourself well!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #4014
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Praying for you Nik!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #4015
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Thanks Jeff and Anderw, I need all the help I can get, Thanks for the prayers, I need em, but that is all I will say about that. I'd hate for this thread to be killed for that.

I will be depending on the thread for that laugh. I'm cool, trying not to worry about anything. It would be a waist of time to worry for a month. It wont help. Just need to take the ''punch'' to the jaw and get up and keep going.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #4016
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Jeff and Anderw, I need all the help I can get, Thanks for the prayers, I need em, but that is all I will say about that. I'd hate for this thread to be killed for that.

I will be depending on the thread for that laugh. I'm cool, trying not to worry about anything. It would be a waist of time to worry for a month. It wont help. Just need to take the ''punch'' to the jaw and get up and keep going.
That's all you can ask of yourself! Fall down 9 times, get up 10

Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #4017
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Well it's just good to have you back.

As far as training goes I vote for taking up some gymnastics progressions and bodyweight strength movements (try a Korean dip. They're hard) and KB work as a finisher. I was doing that for a while and it's actually quite a lot of fun. Plus you can do it as many days as you like because its not nearly as stressful as heavy barbell work.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #4018
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
Well it's just good to have you back.

As far as training goes I vote for taking up some gymnastics progressions and bodyweight strength movements (try a Korean dip. They're hard) and KB work as a finisher. I was doing that for a while and it's actually quite a lot of fun. Plus you can do it as many days as you like because its not nearly as stressful as heavy barbell work.
I agree with the body weight stuff. I would add in nothing over 6 minutes or so. Also maybe some looooong slooooooow distance run. Something that doesn't get the heart beating at a break neck pace.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #4019
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:

Wow Nik, that is way more serious than I imagined. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You can make it through this, whatever it is!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #4020
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I agree with the body weight stuff. I would add in nothing over 6 minutes or so. Also maybe some looooong slooooooow distance run. Something that doesn't get the heart beating at a break neck pace.
Yes I forgot to mention either slow jogs / bike ride / or walk in the morning. Walking is actually pretty awesome for you and it's very enjoyable. I try to walk almost every morning and it's come to be one of my favorite parts of the day. Even if you push it and try to walk fast it doesn't really make you breathe hard. Just loosens up the legs. Great way to start the day.

Closed Thread