CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #11
Andy Shirley

Profile:
Re: A question about "Chelsea"

I think the standard up-scaling for Chelsea is to add reps.(Chelsea +1, +2, etc). So one extra rep per exercise per round. I think people have hit +4, not sure about +5 or more
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #12
Christopher Morris

Profile:
Re: A question about "Chelsea"

I was at a box that did Chelsea, and they scored it like this:
If you failed to complete the round within the minute, your score was the previous round. So if I couldn't get my work done in minute 15, and I had successfully completed everything the minute before, then my score was 14.
I would then continue to do the exercises every two minutes on the minute. This had more built in rest time, but everyone in the group was still working up to the 30 minute time limit. In this example, I would do the exercises on minute 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, and 29. It's a way of scaling the remainder of the workout. Next time I would try to get a higher score.