CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 12-07-2003, 06:04 AM   #1
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
to all interested. mar. 21, '04. white sands military base, las cruces new mexico. the event celebrates survivors of the wwII bataan death march. actual survivors are present. 26.2 miles with a 35lb pack. high desert(4300-5400ft)sun, sand, a challenging event. i have persuaded 4 of my compatriots to enter the team(heavy)division. it is an appropriate time to celebrate our military personnel. cost is 35 bucks a head, stay at the base gym for free and the give you a meal when you are done. maybe meet some of you there?look for team ctchafire, in blue. yeeha!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
Michael Rutherford

Profile:
Where can I get more info? Web site?
Old 12-24-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
Barry Cooper

Profile:
http://www.bataanmarch.com/

I doubt I can pull it off, but I'm psychotic enough to be interested.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:55 AM   #4
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
mr. cooper, shame, shame. remember charlie choo choo? I think I can, I think I can...this is only a competition with yourself. I did this in '02. it took me 7hrs. 27mns. i was in individual heavy. i was 23rd out of 90 in that category. the no. 1 guy did it in 5:05. it kicked my ***. i blistered(do not wear sneakers with anklets), i cramped, i was beaten by one woman and tied by another, passed by 12-yr old kids...you get the picture, not pretty. BUT, never quit. we are there to celebrate life and another day. we are there to honor the men of Bataan(my wife thinks i'm corny;i love her dearly but she just doesn't understand)who suffered and died by the thousands(read "Give us this day" by Stewart(norton is publisher). if nothing else, the scenery is wonderful, weather is good, and it should be a nice day for a walk. and one last component for me
is being one of the 5 oldest guys in my department. the young guys coming in can only hang their heads if they can't keep up. oh yea, i guess the whistles from young women in cars when i am training doesn't hurt either. so, up mr. cooper, throw on that pack and get out there NOW.
one last thing and i will cease to wax eloquent:smile:; free place to stay and free food. can't beat it. dale
Old 12-26-2003, 06:01 AM   #5
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
uhhh...sorry, but one more thing. the female heavy team was anything but(they were all fine looking women). only got a glimpse as they almost passed me but was worth it. so, whattya think now?free roof, free food, and bodacious females. good golly, miss molly!:smile:
Old 12-27-2003, 05:51 PM   #6
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Dale,

I'm not doubting I can finish the race once I begin, especially if I have some attractive tails bobbing in front of me. In any event I'm not going to be the wussy dude calling for his momma from the middle of the desert. Talk about SHAME! My problem is getting from Kentucky to New Mexico, and getting a hall pass from the missus and my employer. The wheel are turning, though. I have some ideas. That does sound like fun. I used to live in Phoenix, and climbed Squaw Peak several times a week, and really enjoyed it.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:17 PM   #7
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
understood, barry. good luck.