CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
Urgent request for anyone who lives in the states and is travelling to toronto soon

I don't really expect a single reply from this, and I would be surprised if I got one.

Basically, I ordered a slackline online (Kind of like a tightrope), and the company I bought from told me they are unable to send it to canadian addresses (for very stupid reasons), and I need to find an american address to ship to.

I am looking for someone who would be willing to let me ship it to their house, and is travelling to Toronto sometime soon. I would meet up with you, and pickup the package from you then.

I believe it is roughly 15#, and 2-3 shoeboxes big.

Obviously, I will pay duty fees or any other border fees.

- Daniel
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Brian Androsian

Profile:
Re: Urgent request for anyone who lives in the states and is travelling to toronto so

Man, I'm in Michigan and have been wanting to plan on Toronto weekend trip to see the city and the hockey hall of fame for awhile. Unfortunately, there isn't a time anytime soon that we'd be able to take the trip. If my wife can magically get time off work, I'll let you know.

Sorry to get your hopes up and crush them.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Michael L Gardner

Profile:
Re: Urgent request for anyone who lives in the states and is travelling to toronto so

My brother is planning a trip there in mid July. Ill let you know when/if he sets things in stone.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Do you know anyone in the stated that you could ship it to and then they could put some new address labels on and send it to you? I'm sure on all of the shipping rules when you cross a border but it seems like it would work.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Steve Gillanders

Profile:

Why not get it shipped to Buffalo and then drive down to pick it up? Have the package sent to a shipping company, pay a minimal fee, then bring it back across the border. If it costs less than $100 you may not even have to pay duty. I did this all the time when I lived in BC using shipping businesses in American border towns that provided the service specifically for Canadians. For sure Buffalo has the same thing going on.

Alternatively buy a slack line kit at MEC in downtown Toronto.

Last edited by Steve Gillanders; 06-30-2012 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 06-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Pro tip:
Cancel your order and go to your nearest auto-parts store. Buy a long ratchet strap for about $15.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it

Basically, a slackline and treewear (used to protect the trees) mounts upto about 170 shipped to Canada from the company's website, or about 120 plus tax from MEC downtown where I live.

I found this through a site selling it for 72 tax in. I'm not sure how they work that low, but they are a registered dealer of Gibbon, so I trust them.

Anyways, I'm getting it shipped to Tamara Cohen and she's shipping it to me. It's 11 pounds, and I told her to open it and then shove it into as small a box as possible.