CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Bill Houghton

Profile:
Annie Thorisdottir video

Annie has a separate area and coach for the warm-up, skill work and WOD. What a brilliant idea. Each element is that important. Older clients need way more time in the warm-up to be prepared for the WOD. Clients who are the least skilled often need more of the coaches time with skill work. Good WOD scaling takes time and effort to master and may be better served with this model. Warm-up, skill work and WOD can each take plenty of preparation and thought and having a separate coach in each area my promote excellence in each. I am thinking coaches could rotate on some schedule to continue to develop their abilities in each area. Defining a separate physical space for each activity could be challenging for small spaces. Do you see any other advantages or disadvantages with this set-up?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Mark Ritchie

Profile:
Re: Annie Thorisdottir video

It seems like a great idea, but really staff intensive. I'd like to know more about the total # of members she has, how many members per class, and her average throughput per hour. There has to be a certain point in terms of numbers where it is worth it, but below that number you'd loose money or not be able to sustain it. Don't know what that number is...

Really interesting idea though -- I could see this helping if you've got some big classes and people all coming at about the same time.